Recap Chapter

Pistanthrophobia- the fear of trusting or being hurt by others

Our story starts on Valentines Day of 2006; 30 years before an event known as "The Split", in the eyes of a young, white 6 year old with blue eyes and brown hair, named Steve Berkan.

Thanks to a special ability he has that allows him to learn anything instantly, by then he's already in the top ten smartest people in the world, though he believes this is due to a powerful yet mysterious pair of swords called the swords of creation.

When his father requests he goes down to a river to get water for their camp, he ends up meeting a white kid with green eyes and brown hair named Rowan Griggs, the son of Steve's family's arch rival, Robert Griggs.

They slowly start trusting and, not long after, gaining crushes on each other.

But eventually, they have to separate, so Rowan goes back to his house to find out his father is waiting for him.

His father revealed that, not only are he, Rowan, and Rowan's brother Alexander, are all a part of a very old species called Grim Reapers, but also that he and Rowan are connected to an ancient Grim Reaper who's name translates to Fear.

Though, unlike his father, Rowan is also connected to another ancient Grim Reaper, who's name translates to Hope.

A year later, whilst discovering a voice inside his head,!Steve sneaks out of the camp to meet Rowan at an abandoned school, which they later discover the swords of creation inside.

After being forced to kill one of Robert's soldiers who was sent to retrieve Rowan, unbeknownst to Steve, Rowan discovers he has magic powers.

After leaving the school, two adult men, a white man with green eyes and short blond hair named Issac Smith and a white man with brown eyes and blackish-brown hair named Dylan Davis, friends of Steve's parents, pick Steve up and reveal that their camp is under attack.

After getting to the camp, Issac is permanently paralyzed below the neck, and Steve is told by his parents to run away, as they wouldn't survive the battle.

He does what they say, and runs away to the river where Rowan and Steve met, and, seeing Rowan waiting there, he hugs Rowan with tears streaming down his eyes.

Twelve years later, Steve is now an adult, working as a soldier for the U.S. government along with Dylan and Issac, who had his body replaced with a metal one. At this point, Dylan and Issac had adopted Steve after his parents died.

Steve is then assigned to his first team, whose members include Dylan, Issac, a woman named Rose Myers, a woman named Isabelle Lindsey, and a man named Luke Tinnel, who is secretly Rowan in disguise.

After a vigorous training simulation, Steve ends up falling unconscious from overusing the swords of creation. While unconscious, Steve goes to a realm where he talks to a Grim Reaper named Knightmare, who is later revealed to be disguised as Robert.

Rowan temporarily returns to his father's main base, where he talks to Robert's number 1 general Cornelius, who is a being known as a Knuman, with his real name being Carnage.

Carnage tells Rowan the story of how Knightmare tricked Carnage into killing his own wife, and separated him from his son.

After Steve wakes back up a week later, the group eventually goes on their first mission to a power plant possibly containing information on the location of Robert Griggs, who has now started a war against the governments of the world.

While there, Steve discovers Rowan's brother Alexander, who reveals Rowan's crush on Steve, and lies about where Rowan is before Steve's unit ends up destroying the power plant, with Alexander inside.

It is then revealed in a flashback that Rowan and Steve have distinctive flower birthmarks on their necks that connect Steve to Hope and Rowan to both Hope and Fear.

When the unit returns to their base, they throw a party. After, Steve is told he has a visitor, so, skeptical, he goes to meet them, and meets a white man with dark hair and maroon eyes named Rob Freeman, and is actually a Knuman.

Rob tells Steve that Elizabeth Berkan, Steve's sister and Rob's wife, was killed, forcing Rob to bring his two twin sons Matthew and Elijah Freeman to find Steve, who is the only person left alive who Rob knew he could trust at the time.

The following morning, Steve and his unit, including Rob but excluding Dylan, Issac, and "Luke", go to where Steve was told Rowan was... the Roman Coliseum.

When they get there, after fighting a bunch of robots, Steve, by himself, is teleported to Rowan, who is currently being mind controlled by a parasite created by Knightmare.

Rowan blows up the coliseum, killing Rose and Isabelle and temporarily stunning Rob, then forces Steve to kill Rowan.

Then, another flashback occurs, which answers how Rowan and Steve were separated after Steve's parents' death, and also includes Steve explaining to Rowan his theory about the four types of electricity.

They are: Organic, or yellow, which involves human brains and lightning from clouds, Techno, or blue, which involves any man made technology, Mystic, or green, which is yet to be figured out what it is exactly, and Magic, or red electricity, which has a wide range of uses at the cost of certain things.

Going back to adult Steve, grief stricken, Steve goes into the next room, where Robert is waiting.

Robert reveals himself as Knightmare, and Steve, with Rob's help, fight Knightmare.

During the fight, one of the swords of creation is broken, and Steve ends up losing both his legs, causing him to fall unconscious yet again.

A month later, Steve wakes up in a hospital, where it's revealed that Rob faked his death to presumably keep his children safe from Knightmare.

Meanwhile, Rowan, somehow still alive, goes with his father to meet a sponsor for his father's army. Alexander and Cornelius are there, and when they manage to see the sponsor, he's a bald white man with blue eyes claiming to be Bob Freeman.

After the meeting, when Cornelius leaves, Rowan's father then reveals that he was just deceiving Cornelius so he would eventually attack the real Bob Freeman.