(23) valentines day

Valentine's Day, you always loved it. You enjoyed making sweets and cards for your few friends in past years, but now it was different.

You had a huge friend group to make chocolate covered strawberries for, even Saiko, who the group had learnt to tolerate.

You remembered the night before, where you were constantly switching between melting chocolate, or covering the berries. Don't forget writing out cards.

You were walking to school alone, it was a gamble every time you walked to school, sometimes you'd end up with one person or the entire gang.

~At school, with friends!~

"This ones for Nendo, this for Kaido, this one for Kuboyasu, and this for Saiko!" You exclaimed, giving out neatly packaged chocolate strawberry boxes, with cards taped on top.

While you were receiving thanks, and some half hearted complaint from Saiko, you suddenly realized...

'Huh? Where's Saiki?'

Saikis POV:

Y/N, if only you knew.

Currently I'm trying my hardest to avoid Teruhashi, seeing as she currently is looking for me with a love letter.

     Yumehara, also being Teruhashi's friend, is on the lookout for me, she's basically Teruhashi's second pair of eyes.

     I don't want to be with Teruhashi. I don't know why she hasn't gotten that by now.

     I'll meet up with Y/N soon.

Your POV:

     It was still the morning passing period, so you still had time to give Saiki his gift, that was not chocolate covered strawberries.

     'I hope Saiki doesn't find that I made him a separate gift weird..I just think he'd enjoy coffee jelly more then strawberries.' You thought, you were still peering around while talking to your friends.

     Suddenly you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned around to see Saiki, relieved he didn't get sick last minute and had to stay home.

     "Saiki, happy Valentine's Day! Here, I made you some coffee jelly instead of chocolates, I hope you aren't too let down.!" You said, handing Saiki a Tupperware box with two medium coffee jellies inside, and a card taped on the lid.

      "Thank you." Saiki responded, putting the coffee jelly inside his book bag. You, and the group had lost track of time, and had about 1 minute to get out of the hallway and into your classroom.

     You and Saiki sighed, but ultimately followed the loud group.

~lunch~

     During lunch, you were talking to Kaido, who had gotten chocolates from another girl. You were congratulating him while Nendo had a disappointed look on his face.

     "How come I didn't get any chocolate.." Nendo muttered, leaning his head on his hand.

     "Hey, you got chocolate strawberries from Y/N! Do those not count?!" Kuboyasu responded, quick to your defense.

     All this time Saiki was eating the coffee jelly you had given him, not even bothered with the chaos displayed in front of him.

     Just as Saiki was done with the coffee jelly, an angel walking amongst mortals came up to him.

     "Saiki! Glad I caught you, could you come with me for a minute..? There's something I want to give you.!" Teruhashi pleaded, you looked up from where you were sitting and heard what she said.