(1) Moving

Y/N, a rather average girl. Average hair, average eyes, you weren't breathtaking, but you weren't unattractive. You were always just...there.

You were carrying boxes into your new house, you have had to move due to some unforeseen circumstances. When you were were about to carry in another box, you saw a black haired woman and, presumably her son, both carrying grocery bags while walking into the house next to yours. Well, before the woman noticed you, and her eyes seemed to light up.

"Ku, I told you we would be getting some new neighbors soon!" You heard her say to her son, who seemed uninterested. You glanced over and saw the woman smiling at you.

"Hello! I'm kurumi saiki, it's a pleasure to have you as our neighbor!" Kurumi said, extending her hand for you to shake. Her son stood beside her, keeping his stoic expression.

"Oh..! Hello, my name is F/N, L/N.." you responded, setting down the box to shake her hand. You didn't expect someone to approach you so... suddenly. Your voice was a bit quiet, you weren't the most social person, and you preferred to keep to yourself.

"Say, how old are you? You're a bit young to be moving all these boxes yourself" The kind woman spoke, looking around for any sign of a parental figure.

You smiled softly at her, just out of politeness. You were moving the boxes yourself, but these people didn't need to know that.

"I'm just help my dad- he's inside setting stuff up...but now I have to get back to getting these boxes in, it was a pleasure to meet you, Ms saiki.!" You said, about to take another box inside when she said a small goodbye before taking care of the groceries from before.

     The truth was, you weren't from the area, you were actually from overseas. Your father was working overseas, and due to an.. 'accident,' he thought it was best for you to have some space for yourself.

     The said accident, was your mothers death 8 months prior.

     You were... not okay, to say the least. Your father saw this as a last resort, to force you back up on your feet again. Your expenses were paid for, but you still couldn't shake the feeling of... loneliness.

     You took your mind off of such sad subjects, and tried to think about the people you just met, trying to form opinions about them.

'She was nice...a little invasive but nice.. not too sure about her son though. I'm sure they're good people.' You thought, but unknown to you, your thoughts were audible to someone other then you.

'Good grief.'

Saikis POV:

Seriously? Another nuisance added to the list. But... it seems shes trying to be average, we at least have one common goal.

Her reasoning for moving here so abruptly is strange, not to mention depressing. She got here so quick too, I mean, news of the house next to us getting sold only reached us yesterday.

     "Our new neighbor seems sweet, right ku?" I hear my mother speak from the kitchen as she started on dinner. I cant really disagree, nothing that went on in that girls mind made her seem mean.

     I simply nod in response as I ate some coffee jelly we picked up at the store. I'm not going to stress about another person.

     Besides, it frankly isn't any of my business.

A/N: Aaaa! First chapter! This story will consist of short and probably not the best chapters. I'm a fairly new writer, so please give me some advice if you feel there's something I need to improve on! Enjoy reading <3

Editing, Nov 21st 2023; The edited chapter looks so much better from April 2022!! Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy reading the improved version of these edited chapters MUCH MORE then the last installments of "common goal." That's it, have a lovely day!