(10) School Sickness

It was the beginning of winter, and due to the sudden weather changes, people from your school were getting sick left and right.

     You always made sure to at least try to keep yourself healthy, but there wasn't stopping the common cold anytime soon.

     In the morning, you felt fine, no signs of sickness or anything. You didn't think you would get sick, considering you don't hang around many people.

     Of course, you just had to be proved wrong.

     Near the end of the day, you felt horrible. You had a headache, you were sneezing, and you had a terrible sore throat. You wished god would kill you right then and there.

     'When's class over.? I wanna go home.' You thought, it was 6th period, you still had another class to go before you could walk home.

     You sneezed, covering your mouth with your elbow, and sniffled, when you felt someone tap your shoulder.

     "Y/N, did you get sick?" Saiki asked, as composed as ever. You shook your head and assured him you would be fine...followed by another sneeze.

     "You suck at lying." Saiki responded to the sneeze, facepalming.

     Saiki asked the teacher if he could take you to the nurses office, despite your attempts to tell him you were fine.

Saikis POV:

     Why am I stuck taking care of her? She came to school sick, I didn't need to take her to the nurses office.

     I just want her to get better so I can have more free coffee jelly.

Your POV:

     Saiki was walking you to the nurses office, as you kept telling him you didn't need his help. As expected, he shot you a cold glare that made you shut up and accept his help.

     When you both got to the nurses office, the actual nurse was nowhere to be seen. How lovely.

     "Well, we can just search for some medicine, it's fine." You spoke, looking through the cabinets for any DayQuil, NyQuil, just something.

     "I'm searching, you go sit on that bed." Saiki responded, apparently he had different ideas. You were getting slightly annoyed, you could take care of yourself. Alas, you couldn't bring yourself to be mad at your friend, he was just...maybe worried about you.

     As you sat on the bed, Saiki handed you a tiny cup of medicine. You drank it quickly, seeing as most medicine tasted bad.

     "The medicine makes you tired, so we should try to get you home soon." Saiki stated, then asking you to stand up so you both could go home.

     You hesitantly stood up and left school early with saiki, when you were halfway to your house you starting feeling sleepy.

     You yawned as you both reached your house. You entered and thanked Saiki for caring for you until now, you were about to shut the door when Saiki said something...shocking.

     "Who said im leaving?" Saiki asked. You soon learnt that he meant he was going to be taking care of you for the rest of the day.

     '...who possessed Saiki.?' You thought, it was very...out of character for him to be so concerned.

Saikis POV:

     I'm just helping her so I can get more sweets. Right.

     Right.

Your POV:

     An hour had passed, and you were passed out on the couch, with saiki next to you. He had gotten a blanket for you and laid it over the both of you.

     You were dead asleep, you weren't going to wake up for a couple more hours, Saiki was sure of that.

     ~time skip to when Y/N wakes up~

     You woke up, having no idea what day it was. 'Cold medicine should be considered an illegal drug...' you thought, as you realized you slept until 6 pm.

     "You're finally awake." You heard from beside you, it was Saiki.

     'He's still here??' You thought, more confused then ever. He would never do this normally, what's gotten into him??

     "Saiki, thanks a lot for looking after me, but I can take care of myself no-"

     "No you can't, we both know your going to go back the sleep the minute I leave, without eating dinner." Saiki interrupted, as he got out his phone and started ordering in.

     You knew there was no point fighting, Saiki was a very stubborn person, so you just gave up.

     ~another time skip~

     Saiki had just gotten the food from the door and laid it out on the table in front of the couch, he ordered in your favorite food.

     'How did he know I liked this..?' You thought, you didn't pay it anymore mind though, you started eating.

Saikis POV:

     I guess my mind reading is good for something. She was craving this in class, glad I remembered.

     I'm just doing this so she gets better. So she can make me more coffee jelly.

Your POV:

     You and Saiki threw away the takeout boxes and started watching television again, and soon, you felt yourself getting more and more tired.

     It was a struggle to keep your eyes open, but the detective show you were watching was so exciting, but the stupid catch phrase they kept trying to make happen was annoying you... what catchphrase is "ah, I see!" ?

     Soon, your eyelids felt heavy, and you started drifting off to sleep, your head resting on saikis shoulder. The blanket on you was keeping you warm, and things seemed just perfect enough to fall asleep.

Saikis POV:

     Seriously, she fell asleep on my shoulder? I just want to go home. Although, she seems so at peace. I guess sleep is her happy place.

     I could've been doing something that would be a much more productive use of my time, but I decided to take care of her. What's gotten into me?

     I don't even favor her. This is so strange. I've never experienced something like this, why did I even go out of my way to make sure she feels better? This isn't like me.

     Maybe I'm coming down with something.