Chapter 17

We sat in the library, me trying to read and him annoying me.

He was running his hands through my hair, ruffling it ever so often. He laughed when I tried to smack his hand away, making me smile and roll my eyes.

"Mai?" Mattheo almost whispered with his hand running through my hair.

"Mai? When'd you come up with that nickname?" I asked, feeling my face redden.

"Just now. And there's no way in hell I'm going to stop calling you that." he stated, looking at me. "Are you blushing?"

"N-no..." I stuttered, feeling the red spread over my face.

"You are." Mattheo smiled, "I'm making you blush."

"N-no you're no-not!" I argued, hiding my face.

Mattheo quickly grabbed my hands away from my face with one hand, using the other to move the hair out of my face, "You're beautiful."

My face became even redder, which I didn't think was possible. I opened my mouth to disagree, but Mattheo cut me off.

"Don't you dare argue with me on this." Mattheo warned, his voice turning a bit colder than his previous teasing tone.

"And if I do?" I challenged, trying to sound brave.

"Then I'm going to prove to you just how beautiful you are." he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine, "And I won't go into detail on how, I just know that it wouldn't be as preferable to you, now would it?"

My face was completely red at this point, and I could barely move from how flustered he made me at that moment. I felt my heart skip a few beats.

"Mai?" Mattheo asked.

I hummed and he continued, "You know I like you, right?"

"Yeah, we're friends." I nodded.

"We both know I like you as more than that." Mattheo mumbles, meeting my eyes, "Do you like me the same way I like you?"

"Mattheo...?" I trailed off, eyes widening at his sudden question.

"I don't want to ruin our friendship, I promise. I just...I need to know. If you don't feel the same, I promise to leave you alone about it. We can forget it and we can pretend it never happened. I just have to know. Please." Mattheo practically begged, eyes not leaving mine.

"I-" I started, not being able to finish my sentence.

I thought about it for a second. He cared about me, which was not something I was used to. He made me feel a way that I haven't felt before. An emotion I didn't know how to name.

When I saw him, my heart started skipping. My face naturally turned a deeper shade of red, and heat spread throughout my entire body. It was difficult to think straight with him around and I couldn't get him off my mind.

I looked at him and his perfect face, staring into his deep, brown eyes that always made my heart melt. His eyes were flickering over my face, worry evident in his features.

I tore my eyes from him, covering my face with my hands as I nodded, trying to stop the blush creeping over my cheeks.

Mattheo looked at me, parting his lips, "You like me?"

I nodded again, avoiding his gaze.

A slow smile spread across his face as he apperated us to his dorm. He pressed his body against mine, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Amaya?" Mattheo whispered in my ear, making me shiver from his hot breath on my neck.

"Y-yes?" I responded, shivering under his touch.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Mattheo started to rub his hand up and down my back, "Be mine?"

I looked at him, eyes wide.

"Yes."

A/N

Boo bitches, I'm back. Surprise!

I finally decided to continue this story so...yeah. Let me know if you think it's not a good idea, but yeah.

I changed the name and cover by the way! Let me know if you think that was a good idea or not!

NOTE:
I'VE MADE A DECISION. I AM CHANGING MAYA'S HOUSE TO SLYTHERIN DUE TO DISSATISFACTION REGARDING HER BEING A GRYFFINDOR.

I'm thinking of having a Q/A on my profile, so if you have any questions about literally anything (writing, personal life, etc) feel free to ask! There are some questions I won't be able to answer, but I'll do the best I can!

Thank you all so much!