Chapter 5

A/N: I'm back at school now so I will have less time to write this. I'm going to try to update daily though. Thank you for your support!

I walked down the stairs and into the dungeon. My first class was Potions, and I had heard that Professor Snape was quite strict, so I wanted to get there early to make a good impression.

I walked into the classroom, and in a seemingly dead voice the professor told me to sit anywhere until class started. I decided to sit in the corner, and I pulled out my potions book and started reading it.

I felt someone sit next to me, and I didn't look up from my book.

"Leave me alone Mattheo." I said, not bothering to look up.

"How did you know it was me? You didn't even look up." he was astounded.

"It doesn't matter. Just sit somewhere else." I demanded, my eyes not leaving my book.

"What's your problem with me?" he asked and I rolled my eyes and continued reading.

He also rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Listen up," Snape announced in his cold, dead voice, "I am assigning your seats. You cannot complain, or else you will receive detention." He started calling out names and pointing to desks.

I didn't care who I sat with. I really didn't. Unless of course I sat next to-

"Ms Miller, you sit here. Mr R, you sit next to her," Snape announced and I groaned, clasping my hand over my mouth to stop the sound from escaping. Thankfully, Professor Snape was too busy assigning seats to notice.

I slumped into my seat and opened my potions book again. I felt a pair of eyes on me and looked back at Mattheo this time.

"Stop looking at me!" I told him.

"It's not my fault. It's your fault," he smirked.

"And how is it my fault?" I questioned, genuinely confused.

He opened his mouth to talk, but then Snape started class.

"Today we will be reviewing the Pepper-up Potion. You will all by the brew it independently, and once you finish you may leave. Any questions?"

I raised my hand, "Umm, sir? I've never brewed a potion before..."

"Follow the instructions and ask for help if you need it," Snape replied.

I shrugged and started brewing the potion. It was surprisingly easy. It was coming along quickly and I only had a few steps left.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 drops of salamander blood, I counted as I dropped it in the cauldron. I stirred counter-clockwise twice then added in 4 fire seeds.

As I let it sit for a minute as the instructions told me to, I looked around. Everyone else was still around the part where you add Mandrake Root. Except for Mattheo.

Of course, he was just now adding in his English Thyme to the cauldron. I was still ahead of him though.

"Professor, I finished." I called Snape over.

He looked at my potion, stirred it around a bit, and gave me a nod of approval, "If you could just bring this to Madame Pomfrey, so she can use it for students, you may be dismissed."

I thanked him as I bottled my potion, as I picked up my bag and walked out of the classroom.

****

I was walking to the Hospital Wing and I happened to bump into Madame Pomfrey.

"Oh Madame Pomfrey! I am so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you. I actually have something for you. Here," I said, handing her the bottle, "Snape told me to give you my Pepper-up Potion."

"Thank you dear," Madame Pomfrey smiled and I smiled back.

I walked off, wondering what to do now. I decided to explore. I haven't been here long, so I wanted to see more of the castle.

I just walked as my feet took me around the school, to nowhere in particular.

I saw stairs leading up to a room, the Astronomy Tower I think?

I walked in to see someone sitting in a chair in the corner. I leaned, trying to get a better view of the stranger.

I almost immediately realized who it was. The famous, stuck-up, narcissistic, and rude Mattheo.