Chapter 8

(Tw: I don't know what to even call this tw, but yeah. It could be triggering for some people I guess)

I looked at my hands in confusion. I couldn't close those large doors using my own strength. No way. I'm way to weak for that.

I heard the doors open again and I already knew who it was. I started walking again as I called out, "Leave me alone Mattheo! I don't want to talk to you."

"I don't care," he grabbed my right wrist.

"Let go of me!" I yelled, trying to yank my hand free, but he was too strong.

"Hear me out first!" he yelled back and I flinched at hearing him yell. I will never tell him, but it scared me.

"No," I whimpered, "Just let go. Please let go." I hated to admit it, but he was hurting me. Deep down, I knew I deserved to feel pain though.

He looked at me, before tightening his grip and dragging me through the halls, and into the Slytherin Common Room. He dragged me into a dorm and threw me in, while shutting the door.

"Now, you need to listen to me." he demanded.

"No. Just go away." I whispered, looking at the ground. I was scared of what he would do to me. If he could make Draco Malfoy so scared he had to beg, I couldn't imagine what he could and would do to me.

"Look at me!" he yelled, and I started shaking and backing up into a corner.

He started walking toward me and I kept scooting back until my back hit the wall. I refused to look at him. I kept my eyes on the ground.

"P-please. S-stop." I stuttered.

He lifted my head up with his finger and forced me to look into his eyes.

"Not until you listen to me," he looked into my eyes.

Mattheo grabbed my arm again. I whimpered in pain, trying to pull my hand away again. He looked at me curiously.

He held my hand out and started to roll up my sleeve.

"No!" I cried, pulling my arm away.

"Let me see your arm." he demanded, softly.

I stayed silent, looking at the ground with my hands behind my back.

"Let me see your arm." Mattheo's voice rose in volume.

"Let me see your arm!" he yelled and I started tearing up.

No I cannot, I will not cry in front of him. I will not let anyone see me weak, ever again.

I hated crying. It makes me feel weak and hopeless. I mean...I am weak and hopeless but I hate showing it. I hate the feeling of salty tears on my face, I hate the feeling of them drying and making my eyes all red and puffy.

I hate that I cry so much. I hate the way I look. I hate feeling this way. I hate that I hurt everyone around me. I hate being bullied. I hate people making fun of me. I hate living like this. I hate my life. I hate myself.

I would not letting Mattheo see me cry. He will never see me cry, ever.

"Show me your goddamn arm!" he screamed at me.

"Never!" I screamed back, tears started to run down my face. I wiped them quickly before he could see. Unluckily, he noticed.

"Either show me your arm or talk to me. Please." he told me softly.

I didn't want either. I just wanted to run and hide, never coming out so he couldn't find me. So I could never see him again. But I couldn't let him see my arm.

"You have 3 minutes," I whispered.

He smiled and just stared at me. I looked at him, confused. "Time's running out."

"I know, I'm sorry. I just... I can't stop looking at you," he smiled and continued to stare, "Why haven't you been talking to me?"

I knew this was coming. I couldn't answer truthfully, he'd just laugh and everything would get worse.

"I-I don't know. I've been busy." I lied.

"Don't lie to me. Tell me the truth. No matter how stupid you think it is. I won't judge you or make fun of you," he promised.

Somehow, he sounded sincere so I decided to tell him.

"I was afraid." the words escaped my mouth.

"Of what?" Mattheo questioned.

"Umm..." I trailed off.

"Of what?" Mattheo repeated, more stern this time.

"Of you," I whispered.

He paused, as if trying to comprehend my words. He mumbled something under his breath, that I couldn't make out.

"Hm?" I hummed.

"Why? Why are you afraid of me," he asked.

"I don't know," I replied, lying again.

"I told you before, don't lie to me. I hate it when people lie," he told me, staring into my eyes.

"I was afraid of what you would do," I replied, not saying anything else. I just want this conversation to be over with.

"Care to elaborate?"

I gave up. I was done with this conversation. I decided to tell him everything.

"Fine. You want to know? I'll tell you.i was afraid that you would bully me like Draco. I was afraid that you would take advantage of me. I was afraid you'd hurt me. I was afraid that you would tell everyone about how weak I am. I was afraid that  I was afraid you'd make my life even more unbearable than it already is, which doesn't seem to be possible right now. You threatened Draco Malfoy, the popular, rich, influential, bully and made him scared. You made him beg. If you can do that to him, God knows what you'd do to me. And that, that is why I am afraid," I told him bluntly, "You're time's up. Now leave me alone."

I started to walk out when he grabbed my wrist again.

"Stop grabbing my wrist and let me go." I said through gritted teeth.

"I can't. I can't stay away from you," he gazed into my eyes.

"Why not?" I questioned, and three words I never expected to come out of anyones mouth escaped his lips.

"I like you. I really, really like you Amaya Miller."