Chapter 15

A/N: Idk what to do with this story anymore. Help.

Let me know if this isn't good or anything. Maybe it's too deep, or too heavy. I don't know, just tell me if it's bad.

Sorry for not posting in a while!

And sorry for another short chapter.

Thank you so much!

(Tw: Mentions of Self-Harm/Suicidal Thoughts)

I sat on Mattheo's bed in his dorm, talking to him like we were old friends who haven't talked in years.

"Am I even allowed to be in here?" I asked, chuckling.

Lately, me and Mattheo have gotten closer, and better friends, maybe even best friends.

"No. Does it matter?" the brown eyed one laughed back.

"I suppose it doesn't."

We sat and talked for the evening, but it seemed Mattheo was dying to ask me something.

"What's on your mind?" I asked, knowing something was wrong.

"Whatever do you mean?" the boy questioned.

"You've wanted to tell me something since the moment I walked in here. Don't deny it, just tell me," I told him.

"I can't though. You'll get mad at me for asking, and I can't do that," Mattheo replied.

"Spit it out." I demanded.

"Fine!" he yelled, "God you're so annoying. I...I-uh want to see your arm."

"This? You can't be serious," I scoffed, "No."

"Why not? Are you hiding something from me Amaya Miller?" Mattheo was skeptical, "I just want to be sure that you're okay."

"Don't do this. Just stop, okay?" I pleaded.

That was all the answer Mattheo needed.

"You know you can't do that to yourself." Mattheo scolded.

"I'm not-" I started to protest.

"Stop lying. I can't have you doing that." he apperated us to my dorm, cautiously to make sure no one was there.

The boy walked into the bathroom and took the knife, "For now, I'm taking it. I need you to not do this anymore, okay? I know you'll be tempted, but don't," he smiled, "Think of it as a game. If you don't cut for a month, you win and one favor, any favor. If not, I win and you owe me any favor I wish. Do we have a deal?"

I hesitate at first, but after hearing him beg for hours, I finally agree.

Mattheo smirked, knowing I can't back down from a challenge.

"I hate you." I rolled my eyes.

"You love me," Mattheo insisted.

"You sure about that?" I replied, sarcastically.

We both laughed and went back to talking for the rest of the night.

****

Together, me and Mattheo walked into DADA with the best professor in Hogwarts (note the sarcasm), Delores Umbridge.

We walked into the classroom, taking two seats in the back next to each other. I waved at Harry and Ron, and surveyed the rest of the classroom. Hermione wasn't there for some reason, she presumably got kicked out of the class by Umbridge.

A paper dove flew overhead and it suddenly burst into flames. Everyone looked back to see a short woman standing there. She wore a bright pink dress and matching lipstick. She cleared her throat.

"Let us begin class. Open you books to page-" Umbridge cut herself off when her eyes fell on me, "I'm afraid I must ask you to leave Ms Miller."

"Why?" I questioned.

"Because you're a dirty blood. A mudblood if you will. Mudbloods should not be frolicking with magic." Umbridge replied, "Now you must leave my class."

"Let me see if I understand you," I gritted my teeth, "Because my parents, who I don't even know by the way, are muggles, I can't be in this class? Because of something that I have no control over, I should be denied the right to learn?"

"I'm afraid so," Umbridge fakes sympathy, "If you don't leave my class, you will receive punishment."

Mattheo was about to stop me, but he was too late.

"Punish me then. I am staying in this class." I respond, slumping down in my chair.

"Meet me after class then." Umbridge laughs and continues the lesson.

After class, I walked into Umbridge's office. Its all pink with lots of kittens and it was quite strange.

I sat in front of Umbridge's desk, as the professor gestures to a piece of paper and a quill next to it.

"You must write, 'I am a worthless mudblood" on that paper." Umbridge has an evil glint in her eyes.

"How many times?" I snarled.

"As many as it takes for the message to sink in," Umbridge replied.

I started writing, feeling pain in on my hand. I glanced at it to see the sentence from the paper on her hand, written in my own blood.

"Keep going," Umbridge ushers.

I refuse to protest, but the cuts keep getting deeper and deeper.

I know I kinda deserved this. I do it to myself anyway. It wasn't really much of a punishment, and more of an excuse.

****

I wandered through the hallways, going wherever my feet took me. I walked until her feet hurt just as much as my hand.

I saw a familiar room, and walked in, sitting on a bench that overlooked the outside sky. I sighed in contentment, gazing at the evening azure. I ran my good, uncut hand, through my thick, golden brown hair and sighed.

"Why?" I wondered aloud.

"Why what?" a familiar voice said behind me.

I quickly hid my hand from sight and turned around with a fake smile, "Hi Theo."

"Hi." he tried to say, but it came out as more of a whisper.

Mattheo sat down next to me, and we talked for a while. Mattheo realized something was off, but he couldn't figure out what. That is, until he saw me trying to hide my hand.

"What's with your hand?" he questioned.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" I was confused at his sudden question.

"Your hand. You're hiding it. Show it to me?" he asked, voice soft.

I bit her lip, debating with myself of what to do.

"You can tell me," Mattheo assured.

"Just detention," I vaguely replied.

"What happened?" Mattheo pushed.

I paused and slowly took out my hand from behind my back and showed it to him. Mattheo took my hand tightly and examined it. I winced in pain, and seeing I was hurting, the boy softened his grip.

"What did she do to you?" he whispered.

I explained the whole story, trying not to let the tears slip from my eyes.

"That bitch," Mattheo mumbled, "I swear, I know gonna-"

"Don't," I begged, "Please don't do anything. That'll only make things worse."

"Well I need to do something about it." the boy replied.

"Don't. It's okay." I walked away, ignoring Mattheo's pleas.