Chapter 9- Part I

Jane explained their plan to Ariana then said, "Listen Ari, I need you to stay here, no matter what happens outside this room. Once it's all over I'll come get you ok?"

Ariana nodded. Even if she didn't say anything, Jane could see the fear and terror in her eyes. The light inside her eyes was completely gone. Just waking up weak from a year in a coma, then finding out about the death of her parents, and now people trying to hurt her was traumatising for a 10 year old girl. Jane felt really bad for her, and wished things could be better.

Suddenly the door to the hospital opened, and one of the agents came in and informed Jane, "They are here."

Alex was wrong after all, thought Jane as she got up from her chair. She told the agent, "Stay inside with her and lock the door."

Jane came outside the hospital room and closed the door behind her. Three agents were waiting outside. Jane was surprised that Allison sent more than three agents. "Where are they?"

"Agent Robinson downstairs tracked them going inside the elevator. They will be here momentarily."

"How many are there?"

"He only saw three."

"That's less," commented Jane, suspicious.

One of the other agents beside Jane was talking to Allison through a radio, "There are about three assassins coming our way."

"Damn it," Jane could hear Alex's voice from the background. Allison said, "We'll send more agents on your way."

Jane interrupted, "There's only three people here. We can handle it."

Alex yelled through the phone now, "Absolutely not! I'm not leaving you and Ari at risk. Smith wouldn't only have two people protecting him. And need I remind you he's highly trained and equipped himself."

"I doubt any of them are Smith. Listen, I think he sent some of his minions here to take out Ari, while he and others are heading for the Rodriguez Mansion. DO NOT move from your positions."

Alex sighed and then said, "Fine." Jane smiled, triumphing over how her brother listened to her for once. But all that joy vanished, as the elevator bell rang indicating it was on their floor.

Jane and the other three agents pulled the rear from their handguns and aimed at the elevator doors. It was horrifying and intense, as there was no prediction that they wouldn't get hurt.