Chapter 5- Part II

Jane tried to stop Jacob from grabbing Noah but Alex held her back by grabbing both her arms from behind. Noah used this distraction to get out of the room, and Jacob and Jace followed him. Jane tried to get out of the room but Alex held onto her tight. "Let me go, you son of a bitch!" she yelled, but Alex didn't budge. Jane managed to hit him in the face with her right elbow and rushed towards the door, but it was locked from the outside. "Damn it!" Alex stood there watching Jane emotionlessly. Jane asked him in a desperate tone, "Why are you doing this?"

Alex hesitated, but said, "To protect you."

"Oh for fuck's sake, tell me the whole truth for once. I can't even tell if you're telling the truth or lying nowadays."

Alex shifted uneasily and looked down, his hair covering his eyes. "Smith's going to kill you if I quit, or fail this mission."

Jane started yelling, "He's gonna come after me anyways! I'm already in trouble! I can take care of myself Alex, and you can't trust him!!!"

"I don't!" Alex yelled back. Then in a more low and shaky voice, he said, "But what other option do I have? You know what he can do, Jane." Jane's agitated expression replaced one of uneasiness and a little bit of fear.

Suddenly the door behind burst open and in came Jace and Jacob holding Noah by his arms. Noah was fidgeting and struggling to get out of their grip but to no avail. Jane tried to help him but Alex held her. But this time before he could grab her, Jane pulled his hand and jerked him to the ground. They both started fighting each other, Jane punching and kicking Alex and he trying to block them, but not fighting back. Jane's anger, pain, and frustration came rushing back, and she channeled it all at Alex. While they were fighting Jacob said to Jace, "Let's go and take him to the boss."

Jace smirked, "No, wait, let's see how this fight turns out."

Alex was getting tired of blocking and so he retaliated by kicking Jane in her leg so that she fell on the ground head down. Alex bent over her and raised his hand to punch her, but then realized what he was doing and quickly got off her. Jace chimed, "Come on Alex, finish it."

Jane huffed on the ground, trying to get up but her legs were too tired; she hit the ground hard. Alex looked terrified at what he had done and he didn't know what to do. "No, let's go," Jacob said and started shoving Noah to the window.

Jane looked up at her brother and said in a pleading and weak voice, "Please Alex, do the right thing....."

A/N:

What do you think Alex will do?