Chapter 13: Jin

After I pulled (not actually) Namjoon outside, he immediately put on that mask of his that he used whenever he felt an extreme negative emotion. We just stared at each other in uncomfortable silence.

"So," He said finally, shifting from one foot to another. "What do you want, hyung?"

I took a deep breath. Okay, this was going to hurt, all my earlier confidence had fled and now I was nervous. Except I'm not going to run away.

"I...you remember when you came back and Y/n was missing, right?" I tried not to wince as he nodded, eyes becoming wary. Of me. His hyung.

"Yeah, I do..." He looked at me suspiciously.

"I...unrightfully yelled at you, blaming you for not caring about Y/n and...that's not true." I looked at him, letting all the guilt and sadness I felt pass through.

"I was mad and worried and upset and I lashed out at you. I'm so sorry, Namjoon, I shouldn't have done that. I have no excuse for what I did, but I want you to know that I truly am sorry. I'm-I'm sorry. So, so, sorry." I couldn't help it, tears burst out of my eyes.

"H-hyung, hyung, it's alright. I swear, I'm fine and everything's alright now. Seriously, hyung, shh, shh." He came close, wrapping an arm around me, rubbing my back.

"I snapped at you-was rude to you-and I accused you of not caring, when clearly, you care more than anyone. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I cried and cried, pouring my eyes out, saying those words over and over again.

"Everything's fine, hyung," He whispered comfortingly. "It's all alright. I've forgiven you a long time ago. Shh, shh." He didn't say anything more, and I was grateful. I didn't want to talk.

It took a couple minutes, but eventually, I calmed back down and I sniffled, looking back up at him. "It's truly alright now? You forgive me?"

"Yes, hyung. Everything's alright now. We're family again now." He smiled at me, and I smiled back, feeling lighter, the burden of guilt no longer on my shoulders.

"Thank you," I said, then gestured to the doors. "Now, shall we?"