Chapter 25

Months had prevailed since the two had tied the knot.

And they have never felt happiness quite like this.

From praying and reading Qur'an together to cooking with each other to constantly discussing each other's dreams and future plans. 

It was bliss. 

To the both of the them, a feeling that they had never known before. 

It was the 'honeymoon phase' of their marriage. 

They were intensely smitten with each other yet they refused to actually admit to it. 

"Alisha", Jawad called out softly to his wife attempting to awake her from her never ending slumber. 

"Alisha, yaar please wake up!" He had been crouched over by her side of the bed for the past 5 minutes, and this lovely wife of his remained steadfast in her sleep. 

He let out a sigh yet again and plopped himself onto the bed, the boys had woken up quicker than she had, he eyes trailed to the clock, any more time wasted would definitely ruin his surprise and he was determined to not allow that to happen. 

He went downstairs grabbed a glass, poured some water from the tap added in some ice cubes and rushed back to his room. 

As he neared her sleeping figure, he saw her innocent face immersed in her peaceful slumber. 

Guilt piled up onto him, he didn't really want to disturb her, she often struggles to sleep. 

However, his eyes flickered back to the clock. More time was being wasted.

Without thinking twice he flipped the glass over and the contents were now on the girl who was currently screaming in shock. 

Jawad remained glued to his spot as she recovered from the shock, attempting to calculate what her next move would be. Lost in his useless calculations, he failed to see the pillow hurling through the air in his direction. 

He felt the massive impact on his face, making him stumble back a few steps. His facial features erupted in pain especially his nose. 

"Owwww!" He yelped, dramatically rolling onto the floor as she stood over him with a stern expression covered with little droplets of water. 

"That's what you get, you stupid man!" 

Jawad's ears perked up at his insult. 

"Whatever do you mean, dear wife?" He asked in fake innocence. 

Alisha groaned in annoyance and stomped off the bathroom, Jawad chuckled, this was exactly what he wanted to happen. 

He went back to preparing for the surprise he had organised for his wife for over a month. He began by cleaning their bedroom , he knew Alisha was going to be a while as he could the shower running. 

He replaced the bed sheets for new, fresh ones, tidied the bed side drawers and opened the curtains to allow the May sun into their room. 

He then picked out an outfit for his wife and for himself and began with the daunting task of ironing clothes. He could easily iron his clothes, there was no problem with that, however his wife's clothes they were a different story altogether. 

The task was eventually completed after a gruelling 20 minutes. 

He wore his clothes and left his wife's clothes on their bed. 

Climbing down the stairs he noticed that the house was quiet, and that's when his fatherly instincts kicked in. Those boys were definitely up to no good.