Chapter 18

Her body dropped to the bench.

Her head hung as if she was the convicted and not the victim. She knew, she knew this was going to happen.

All she could hear was Jawad's voice telling it was going to be ok.

But all she could say was no no no no.

"No!" She screamed, "NO!"

"Why is this happening to me?" I ran to the middle of the court, all eyes were on me.

"I.....I was 16! Sixteen YEARS OLD when HE" I pointed at the man responsible for ruining my life "HE RUINED MY LIFE! HE RUINED ME!"

I was breathing heavily, pain filled tears stained my face.

My heart was hurting immensely, I was yet again opening the wounds of my not yet healed scars, and I have realised that I would forever have to.

For I am a woman. The gender that no one listens, no one believes as they are doing right now.

"H....he-he forced a Nikah with me, he beat me and raped and ordered me to carry his children. He bent me over to will, he separated me from my family. And then....he then left me to practically died. One evening I got a phone call telling me that he was dead and that his lawyer would come over to discuss what had been left in my name."

"But I'll tell you one thing. I know why he's back! He's afraid of my success and independence. He wants me to be submissive to him for the rest of my life. One single book of mine, one single book made me 4 crores and that bastard was jealous, because he could never be able to make such money by himself."

"Don't you dare speak another word, you bitch!" He was ready to lunge across the room onto me. To this day he was still obsessed with idea of me being his perfect, submissive wife. But no more.

I have nothing to lose, he can't do anything to hurt me any further than he already has. He's done everything humanly possible it won't matter now, my heart just pumps blood now, there's no feeling within it, no warmth. Nothing.

"Oh, did that hurt your precious ego. Let me tell you, all the businesses that you left in my name were of no use to me. They were all pathetic and worthless, JUST LIKE YOU!" I screamed in his direction. (POP OFF SIS ✊✊)

"ORDER! ORDER!"

All eyes snapped to the judge sat in his seat who also seemed surprised by the sudden voice. Everyone was looking around the source of voice.

At that a person stood from the back seat of the jury. A lady.

One who oozed power, dominance and justice.

She began to make her way to the middle of the long lost commotion along with two bulky men who towered her on both sides.

She gazed over all the people who stood in front of her and eventually it landed on the defendant's lawyer.

"I would like to see the evidence that you presented at the start of this court hearing", the shrewd man confidently handed over the printouts.

The woman took them and scrutinised the papers intensely, she nodded and gave a look to the before passing them to the men next to her.

They both took a look and nodded as if confirming something that would make or break this case.

Seeing them nod the shrewd man and Adeel began to smile, little did they know, they would be wailing for repentance in a few mere minutes.

"Mr. Ali (Adeel's lawyer) and Mr. Jamaal, care to explain where these shots have come from?"

Mr. Ali gulped. "Um, from a camera as you can clearly see."