Chapter 22

The day had come which two individuals had been waiting for.

The game of fate was a cruel yet beautiful one at the same time.

The two that were soon going to be bound in matrimony, never thought that they'd find peace or love again.

Jawad believed he would die alone as a punishment for not looking out and protecting his sister.

Alisha believed that no one would love her as she was broken, used and tossed aside.

Jawad had proved her wrong.

Alisha had proved him wrong.

They had their fates written by the Ever Loving One, the One that could never even think about bad for them.

The threads of their fates had been tied together centuries ago.

They had to go through their challenges of life to achieve what was needed.

Confidence.
Resilience.
And trust.

And now the day had come for the two souls that had always been written together to finally unite under the beautiful blanket of Nikah.

The Siddique's back garden had been swarmed with many people over the past few days, building, designing and decorating everything to Jawad's choice.

Alisha had taken a step back, her only wishes regarding the Nikah, had been that it would be intimate and that the colour scheme would be emerald green and white. And Jawad, being the lovesick puppy he is, had agreed immediately at that moment.

He had come to his senses when he couldn't find any green flowers to decorate the curtain he had wanted for the Nikah and had spent a whole day dying some white fake flowers into green dye, but not the right shade. But as time wasn't on his side, he had to accept it and move on.

Finally, after much sabr from Jawad the day of his Nikah had come. He was finally and happily going to be tied with the woman of his dreams. The woman that had been the answer of his duas. The woman that has been through so much and was still strong to this day. The woman that he would forever try to keep happy and away from harm's way. He had promised himself and his Allah.

Meanwhile, Alisha had awoken from her slumber. Her hair a wild mess, light drool slipping from the edge of her lips, her eyes red from the lack of sleep she had had over this week.

She had wanted a simple, intimate Nikah but Jawad seemed to like overcomplicating things and then would rush to her when he couldn't get what he wanted and they would have to stay up looking for a solution to his outrageous problems.

Yesterday had been different. It was her henna night. Her to be mother-in-law and Sadia Baji had arrived bringing lots of gifts and pleasantries as well as lots of girls and women that were their acquaintances. Hania had invited her university friends, who had instantly lit up the environment with their amusing dance moves and questionable choice of songs. Alisha herself had decided to invite her own friends ones from her college days as well as the ones she had made on her journey of becoming an author.

Her house was filled with laughter, cheering and happiness, all in celebration of the two broken that were joining together under the beautiful bond of Nikah.

They had adorned her hands, arms and even feet in henna.

Now, looking at it, the colour had developed to become a beautiful dark brown, with slight hints of red.

She smiled, thinking of the traditional saying associated with it, "The darker a bride's henna is, the deeper the love her husband holds for her in his heart".

And according to that saying, Jawad's heart was probably completely filled with love for her. The area on her palm, where his name was written, it was darker than the rest, and for some reason her heart swelled with a strange warmth. But then a question arose.....

What if it runs out one day? Her conscience mocked.

What if it does? Her mind asked.

Yet her heart had only answer and that was, 'Trust Allah'.

So that's what she did, she made her ablution and began to pray the salah that she had missed. She then prayed extra nafl, asking Allah to bless her Nikah. To provide her with wisdom and strength with any other obstacles that will be placed in her way.

She had finished and began folding the prayer mat when she heard a blunt thud.

She jumped in fright. She knew who it would be, but still cautiously made her way to the window with her hijab still wrapped around her.

She opened her window and stared down at the man who she was going to going to be tied with forever, and her heart skipped a beat.

Without trying to make it obvious about her hearts natak, she leans on her hand looking at the street in front of her. She had been living in this neighbourhood for a few months, yet the neighbours had made her feel so welcome and comfortable in that short period of time. 

Another stone hit her window, missing her face by just a hair. She huffed and glared down at the culprit, only to see her middle child looking at her guiltily and giving her his puppy eyes so she wouldn't scold. 

"Did you throw that?" She asked calmly, but with a no-nonsense tone.  

He nodded his head frantically, afraid. 

"Who told you to pull such a stunt?" She asked exasperatedly. 

He lifted his arm and shot it in the direction of the real culprit. Jawad. 

"Snitches get stiches." Jawad hissed at my son. 

"Well, I'm not taking to fall for your shit throwing skills." 

My eyes widened at the crude use of language my son had just used. 

"Where did you learn that from?" Again the arm pointed at Jawad. 

I looked at Jawad, who visibly gulped under scrutinising gaze.

"Jawad! Your becoming a bad influence on my kids!" I huffed. 

"Listen writer sahiba, your little he-devils are always at the wrong place at the wrong time. They don't do anything they are supposed to and always seem to listen at the wrong times." 

I smiled, trying to supress a laugh. 

"Writer sahiba?" 

"Hmm?" 

"You look beautiful whilst smiling, may Allah forever keep you smiling like this."

Alisha didn't know how to accept a compliment from Jawad, she was still getting used to receiving them and he would always strike her with one, especially when she unprepared. He would always catch her unprepared and her first instinct would be to change the topic and so that's what she did. 

"Why are you here?" 

"Oh yes, here is your dress and I made your gajrae myself," he stated with proud smile. 

"I bet they're ugly." Someone's unwanted commentary added. 

Jawad turned towards him and jumped in his direction, chasing him around the garden. Then Yazan and Hameed joined in the chase. Jawad eventually tackled the three of them to the ground and began tickling them. The beautiful echoes of laughter resonated Alisha's front yard and she smiled in response. 

She was finally on her way to getting the life she had always wanted.

******

How was this chapter? 

I was meant to have put the actual Nikah bit into this chapter but this moment deserved its own chapter, so yh!