XXXV

"Bad things happen to the people you love, and you find yourself praying up to heaven above

"Bad things happen to the people you love, and you find yourself praying up to heaven above."

| Omniscient |
———————————————

Finally regaining consciousness, Siyah slowly fluttered her eyes open. Once she was awake, she began to examine the dark room that she realized she was in.

She groaned, trying to move her body until she noticed that she was tied to a chair. As Siyah attempted to remove herself from the restraints, she soon felt her body become weak. Trying to fight through it, the numbness in her body continued to overpower everything else and she couldn't figure out why.

Breaking her out of her thoughts, she slightly jumped once she heard the large metal door that was directly across from her, begin to open.

Shortly after, the same man that stood in front of her and her sister just a couple hours ago had walked in with a folder in his hand. Still not saying a word, he closed the door behind him and walked over to Siyah.

"How are you Noelle?" Darius smiled at her and she felt frozen.

"No need to try to speak, you've got carbon monoxide poisoning still trying to get out of your body from the crash but I gave you something for that so you should be okay in about an hour or so," he explained as she still sat there confused. "I'll just do all the talking,"

"You probably wondering why I have you tied up like this and what will happen after tonight but I just want you to know that I'm not going to kill you."

"And that I'm also a man of my word," he leaned in.

"Siyah Noelle Cartier," raising his voice and making Siyah get tense, almost sounding like her father.

"My name is Darius O'Neal and I am the man who killed your mother and Sean Cartier."

Still not turning away from him, tears began to fall from her eyes as she heard those words.

"Listen to me Siyah, it was not my initial plan to kill them while you were home that night. But respect is big for me and I for damn sure don't play about that and my money," he continued on. "So you could probably imagine how I felt once I found the location of the man who stole everything from me."

"What that gotta do with me, Saige or Sevyn?" she finally spoke out shakily.

"You'll find out soon enough," he let out a low sigh.

"Your brother should be joining us shortly but for the meantime," he stood up, walking behind to untie her from the chair. Once he did, Siyah remained still in the seat while Darius walked back in front of her and placed the same folder at her feet.