XXXI

"I know the truth has not forsaken me

"I know the truth has not forsaken me. Peace in the night, gon' save my life"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
| Saige |
*continued*

Leaving Amir's new apartment, I was currently sitting in the passenger seat as he took me and Siyah back home. Staring out of the window, emotions started to fill my brain uncontrollably. I was overwhelmed with everything and it was just draining at this point. My senior year would be coming to an end in a few months, so my solo dance for spring concert and my classes were the only things I needed to be focused on.

Finally pulling up to the house, Siyah got out before I did because I was grabbing my things. "Preciate it Mir" she told him as he gave her a nod and she closed the door behind her.

"I love you I'll see you tomorrow" I spoke reaching for the door handle but scrunched my eyebrows once I noticed he locked the doors.

"Ion like you just treated me like I'm sum side nigga" he mugged me. "No kiss or nun? When we start doin that shit?"

"I'm sorry" I spoke softly before leaning over the center console, giving him a few kisses before leaning back.

"You mad at me?"

"No"

"You lyin"

"I'm not Mir. I don't have no reason to be mad at you or anybody else" I said truthfully.

"Talk to me ma" he said grabbing my thigh. "I can see it all over yo face it's bothering you" I let out a small sigh because he was definitely right.

"I told myself that when I moved back home, that my main focus was to better myself. That I would try to forget everything that happened in Maryland and I would move forward" I started to say. "But I feel like I'm constantly being reminded about my parents over and over again"

"I know how stubborn I can be and how I haven't listened before but I just want this to be over" I admitted. "I-I wanna be at peace"

"And I also know that the murder of my parents wasn't no damn robbery. I know my dad had something to do with it" I spoke making Amir's body shift to the conversation.

"How you figure that?"

"I put that shit together a long ass time ago. I remember each time me and my sister had to go in for questioning and every single time they asked us if my parents had any enemies—the detectives told me that nothing was stolen that night or anything. I've watched enough crime documentaries to know that only means that whoever murdered them had a personal problem"

"But you said your pops had sum to do wit it, how you know it was him and not y'all moms?"

"Because my dad was the one to make us pack everything up in just a few days and move to a completely different state without telling us why—my mom didn't even know what was going on and then when we got to Maryland it's like he was never at ease...like he always had to watch over his shoulder"