XXXIII

"Boss, I get you chopped, my name ain't something that you should speak on"—————| Sevyn |*beginning of May/one month later*

—————
| Sevyn |
*beginning of May/one month later*

I turned my music down as I pulled into the parking lot of Darius' office before getting out and walking inside to meet with him.

The front door of the building was open so I was able to walk straight in.

"Darius, It's Sevyn," I announced myself, coming through the door.

"Sevyn?"

I turned towards the hallway after hearing my name and seen Asia come out of one of the rooms. My eyes started to travel up her body, trying not to make it as obvious that I was admiring how she looked in the dress that hugged on her body and how her chocolate skin looked like it had a glow to it.

"Eyes up, Mr. Cartier," she spoke again making me look up as we both smiled at the same time.

"What's up Asia,"

"You must've missed me, what you doing here?" she asked.

About a month ago, after we met for the first time we ended up exchanging numbers. What was supposed to be only calls and texts regarding the updates of the Recreation Center, turned into something else.

We wasn't dating or anything but I had my eyes on this girl.

"Ion know, maybe I did," I replied walking over to her before giving her a hug and wrapping my arms around her lower back. I ducked my head down to give her a kiss on the cheek and she sent me another smile.

"I missed you too," she said. "You have a meeting today?"

"I was supposed to-" I got a text from Darius saying he was running a few minutes late. I showed it to Asia before she shook her head.

"I don't know what's been going on with him, he's been late to the majority of his meetings lately," she said truthfully.

"I thought you was his assistant? He don't be letting you know what's goin on?" I asked.

"Not really," she shrugged her shoulders. "I met him through my uncle a few months ago, I needed a internship for school and he pays me well. He's always to himself but I don't ask questions because it isn't my business,"

"We'll shit it's mine," I replied. "The person I'm paying money to get the job done, ain't even present when he need to be,"

"Well come on," she reached her hand out for mines. "I'll bring you to the break room and we can figure this out,"