XI

"I need to see my own beauty and to continue to be reminded that I am enough, that I am worthy of love without effort, that I am beautiful, that the texture of my hair, the size of my lips, the color of my skin, and the feelings that I have are al...

"I need to see my own beauty and to continue to be reminded that I am enough, that I am worthy of love without effort, that I am beautiful, that the texture of my hair, the size of my lips, the color of my skin, and the feelings that I have are all worthy and okay"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
| Saige |

Its been two weeks.

Actually a little over two weeks...since I kissed Amir and the thing was that we haven't spoken since then. The next morning was perfectly fine, he ended up leaving after breakfast and we were texting and having a normal conversation like always.

Then he just stopped responding.

I called him like I usually do and he never answered.

I wasn't gonna keep calling and blowing up his phone...he wasn't mine.

But still, for him to ghost me like that? What was the point in even leading me on.

I asked one of my dance instructors to use a room today at the studio. Ever since I signed back up for private dance lessons a couple weeks ago, I've been training to get back to my skill level that I was at before. I wanted to be better honestly.

After doing my morning routine, eating breakfast and getting ready I got in the car and made my way to the dance studio. Once I finally pulled up I took my keys out of the ignition, grabbed my phone, water bottle and dance bag and headed inside.

I walked in meeting my dance instructor at the front counter and gave her a smile.

"Hi Miss Tanya" I said.

"Hi baby! How are you feeling?" she replied.

"I'm okay, just wanted to get away from some things that's all"

"I completely understand sweetie" she responded with a smile. "Room A is open for you, I'll be here all day so stay as long as you like"

"Thank you, I really appreciate it" I said truthfully.

I walked down the hall passing the little girls in the other classrooms and waving to the instructors and then finally making it to my room. I set my things down by the front mirror, took off my shoes and connected my phone to the bluetooth on the radio.

Before I turned on the music, I wanted to stretch first. Doing my splits, working on my posture, stretching my back, legs and arms out. I kind of just zoned out of everything. After I was finished stretching, I got up to put on the song I've been choreographing this routine to for a minute.