XXII

"But free your mind, because the plug is watching from the top floor

"But free your mind, because the plug is watching from the top floor. Hoping you too will fall for the illusions of a temporary high"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
| Saige |
*few days later*

"So you're teaching now at the dance studio too?" Desiree asked me as we sat in her room. It was early Friday morning and because of some sort of pipe leak at our school so they shut it down until further notice. It felt good to have the day off but we didn't have anything else to do. Siyah was out of town with Jada and her family for some type of cabin trip and Ciara was at Isaiah's house right now.

"Yeah Miss Tanya offered me the job since I'm there practicing all the time and it's not like I'm not doing something that I actually love so shit why not" I said grabbing her fire stick and turning on Power Book II: Ghost.

"It's you working like your brother ain't a rich ass, club owning drug dealer for me bitch" she said laughing as I did the same and waved her off. "And he's always telling you and Siyah how he never wants y'all to work and he got y'all for life"

"Shit your boyfriend tell you the same shit actually" she said and I looked at her. "What's it like being a bitch that got it all" I busted out laughing before getting up and going to get my chapstick out of my purse.

"Bitch you're a mess" I said still laughing at her because I knew she was serious and she shook her head. "I just want money for myself that's all. I don't want everything just given to me all the time—don't get me wrong it feels good having a brother and a boyfriend who always making sure you're straight but it feels good to make my own too, plus I've always wanted to start teaching"

"I can understand that honestly, I'm proud of you sis" she said wholeheartedly and I smiled at her.

"Thank you pooh for real" I replied. "Oouu we should watch actually watch this one movie I saw instead of—"

"Y'all bitches in here?!" we heard Ciara yell walking in the house and Desiree hesitated before replying and letting her know we were in her room. Several seconds later, she stomped into the room and we both sat up with confused looks on our faces.

"Girl what the hell is wrong with you coming in my house screaming like that?" Desiree asked her.

"Des your parents aren't even here. I made sure of that when I pulled up cause I didn't see their cars in the driveway" she said taking her purse off of her shoulder and sitting in the chair by Desiree's desk. "I was gonna call Saige to come over here but I checked y'all location and seen y'all were already together so"

"Okay so what's up with you though? Why you on ten right now and for what?" I asked out of curiosity because she still hasn't said the reason why she came in her acting a fool.