Chapter Twenty Six

Mia's POV

Today is really the last day I have to spend with Nikki. Yes she doesn't leave till tomorrow, but her flight is in the middle of that. Most of the beginning is probably going to be filled with her packing her things and getting ready for the trip back.

So today, I promised to make it the best day I can with her. We're going to do whatever we can possibly do in the short amount of time that we have together. I'm going to make sure that everything is amazing for her, or at least as close to it as I can.

I'm honestly surprised that she agreed to let me have another chance, let alone already has a little bit of trust in me. Yesterday we did spend most of the day together. We talked for hours upon hours. By the end of the night, it almost felt like no time has pasted between the last time we saw each other. I learned the person that she is today, and how she has changed from the Nikki that I loved before, and honestly, I'm not disappointed.

Right now I'm waiting for Nikki in the shop. She said she was going to meet me here and then let me take her to where ever I had planned. Honestly I'm nervous. I feel like I'm a teenager again in her presence.

Damien told me that it was okay to leave. After yesterday he got a little more help to come in with the shop. I know it's mean to be leaving him for two days in a row, but he says it's okay. I'll just have to make it up to him in the future.

I was turned around looking at one of the paintings when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and a breath against my neck. "Hey love."

I smiled and leaned into the warm embrace. "Hey you."

She kissed my cheek before resting her head on my shoulder. "Can I buy one of these?"

I turned to her, a little surprised if I'm being honest. "You want to buy one?"

"Of course. Who wouldn't? They're amazing."

I could feel the blush start to spread across my face. "Thank you. Did you have one in mind?"

"Yes I did. I want the one of the clearing."

I chuckled. "I had a feeling it would be that one."

"You just know me so well don't you?" She asked as she nuzzled her face in my neck.

"I like to think I do. We have to go, we'll grab the painting later." I told her.

Nikki agreed and the two of us left the café, of course not without saying bye to Damien.

"So where are we going first?" She asked me as she buckled her seatbelt.

"I thought we would take a trip down memory lane."

"Do I get anymore information?"

"Nope." I said with a bright smile.

She laughed lightly. "Alright. A mystery trip down memory lane it is."

Since it was the beginning of the afternoon, I thought I would take Nikki out to lunch, and what better place, then the one place we spent most of our time as teenagers.

"The Pizza pub? You didn't get enough of that last week?" She asked as we pulled up to the building.

"Shut it. We didn't know we would be seeing each other then, I wanted to get some lunch before the rest of the day."

"As you wish." She said before getting out of the car.

I tried to get out too but she glared at me as she rounded the car. I smiled when I realized what she was doing. Nikki soon made it to the other side and opened the door for me, and reaching her hand out for me to take. I took it with a smile and thanked her before the two of us walked into the Pizza pub.