Chapter Six

Mia's POV

It had been a couple weeks since the party incident. Mark was kicked off of the football team. Nikki and her crew swore that they didn't tell anyone. Since it had been his third time being accused of anything like this, he was prohibited from any extracurricular activities and was only allowed in the school for his classes. 

I was glad I didn't have to see him everywhere I went. They made sure to switch his schedule to classes that weren't around the ones I was in.

Nikki and I had gotten closer. Anytime I asked her to come over to comfort me after the incident she would come either right away or right after her set. Sometime I would ask her to come stay with me because of anxiety attacks or fearing that I would have a nightmare. Other times it was simply because I wanted to enjoy her presence. 

After the incident I felt a little weird talking to Lucy. Anytime she would see me she wouldn't stop apologizing for what her brother had done. I didn't want to dwell on it longer than I needed to so I began to sit with Nikki and her crew at their usual spot for lunch. 

I honestly feel pretty good. Yeah what happened sucked, but it could've been worse. If Nikki hadn't shown it definitely would've been. I'm so grateful to have her as a friend. She's become one of the best friends I've ever had. 

Now its currently fifth period. The dance teacher had wanted me to go get something from the office. As I was I noticed Nikki running around the corner of one of the hallways followed by a group of girls. I knew what was happening. 

I went by the janitors closet and started to pretend like I didn't know where she was. "Nikki was that you? Where did you go? Huh. I could've sworn that I saw her run this way." A few seconds later the door opens and I'm being pulled in by my waist again. 

"Hey hall buddy. Man we really need to quit meeting up this way." She said to me after I was fully in. There she was holding me like the very first time this happened. Her arm around my waist with the other by my head. Holding me against the wall. She was bent over, as if she was trying to hide me, while looking out the frosted window. 

A couple seconds later the group of girls passed by the closet in a rush. They were screaming Nikki's name before a teacher came out and told them to get to class. Nikki and I couldn't help by laugh a little. 

One the coast was clear she turned to look at me. Her bright blue eyes shinning into my green ones. The color and life that was lost in them had returned to her and I was so grateful for that. Nikki was back. Her eyes left mine as they trailed up and down my body before landing on my lips. She bit hers in return and I couldn't help but feel myself getting hotter at the simple action. 

She shook her head, as if she was waking herself up from the daze that she was in, and stepped back. Leaving some room between us and making the spot where she once held feel uncomfortably cold. 

"Sorry 'bout that. Anyways." She stated as she rubbed the back of her neck. "What're you doing outside of class?" She asked me. She looked so cute when she was nervous like that. "I had to get something from the office for the dance room." Her face lit up. "Hey I'm just heading back over there. Walk with me?" I nodded. 

We walked out of the closet and made our way to the office. I could tell Nikki was a little tense the entire time. It's like she was lost in her thoughts. "So miss golden girl still doesn't like being chased by a bunch of girls." She rolled her eyes. "No I don't. I'm just trying to do my task and they try to get to me. Especially after the party. They think I'm a hero." 

She is. My hero. 

We got to the office and I was able to finally get what I had come for. I told Nikki that I would see her later in science. and finally went back to class. Nikki and I really needed to stop meeting that way.