Chapter Sixteen

Mia's POV

I continued to put my clothes away before hearing my phone go off. I look to see Damien's contact flash across the screen. With a smile I pick it up.

"Hey dame"

"Hey girl. Whatcha up to?" Came his deep voice.

"I'm just putting my things away. Why what's up?" I asked. Knowing he usually doesn't call unless he wants to do something or know something.

I hear some rustling in the back before he speaks again. "I was wondering what you were doing for new years. It would be cool to hang again."

Even though he's in the same town again we don't see each other that often. We see each other in the classes that we have and sometimes at the pizza pub, but other than that we don't hang as much anymore. He's either busy with the new friends he has or I am, or we're busy doing our own activities, I also seem to be spending most of my free time with Nikki.

"I'm actually not sure. My parents aren't doing anything at the house, and Nikki was talking about planning something with friends." I answer truthfully.

"Hmm." He hummed through the phone. "Well just let me know. I want to see my best friend sometime during this break."

I laughed a little. I could sense the pout he had on through the phone. "Don't worry I will."

"Alright girl, well I gotta go."

"Alright Dame, I'll talk to you later, love ya."

"Love ya too Mia."

And with that he hung up.

I decided to get back to what I was doing before. When I finished putting away my clothes I looked around my room and sighed. I really needed to clean. Well I guess I'll get to it since I don't have anything else to do.

I was in the process of organizing the clutter I had on my desk when I heard my mom from downstairs.

"Mia! There's someone at the door for you."

Who could that be? Nikki said she was going to be busy today. I feel like no one else would just randomly show up. I mean it's not like a lot of people know where I live.

"Coming mom!" I yelled back before running out of my room.

When I got downstairs I was surprised to see Anne on the couch talking to my mom. They were both laughing about something that Anne had said. Anne looked up and noticed my confused expression. "Hey little Baxter, I was just chatting with mama Baxter over here, and let me tell you she is one fun chick."

"Oh don't flatter me. Mia why haven't you introduced us sooner. Anne's wonderful." My mom gushed.

I rolled my eyes as I went to stand behind the couch. "You guys talk for two minutes and you're already besties."

Anne flipped her hair dramatically and pretended to examine her nails. "What can I say? I'm just naturally charming."

"So why are you here?" I bluntly asked. It's not that I don't like Anne, she's actually a really good friend. It's just a little weird to see her without Nikki, and here to talk to me nonetheless.

"Well Baxter. Nikki told me to tell you to pack your bags. We're going on a trip." She informed me. I guess I had a little bit of a worried face which led her to continue. "And don't worry. Mama Baxter already said it was okay for you to come."

"Where are we going? And can I bring a someone?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "Yeah sure. The more the merrier. We're leaving tonight at 6 so make sure you have everything ready."