𝟔𝟗, 𝐃𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐕𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐃𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐠ä𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐕𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬.

The news was heard through the tv in Ned Leeds' house. "And we can confirm at least one person has been killed." Said the news anchor. He had been playing a card game with Lexi to try and distract himself. As of the last two rounds, Lexi was winning. Only Lexi wasn't her usual gloating self when she won. Noah had been half asleep on the couch, as he was still power drained from his Void self–even if it was a few days back. Mj stared at the TV with a dull facial expression. She saw the building that had been destroyed. She kept checking to see if she'd gotten any calls from Athena or Peter, but she hadn't. Ned's grandmother, Lola, came over and served them dinner.

"Still nothing?" Asked Lexi, as she placed her cards down. Ned checked his phone for what felt like the hundredth time. "No." Ned sighed. Mj sat at the table. She stared at the box in front of her. Mj had her hands pressed on the side of her face as she thought to herself. "I'm gonna press it." Michelle then told Ned and Lexi. "What? No!" Noah exclaimed, as he woke up abruptly, having rolled off the couch in the process.

"Athena and Peter told me to wait, but... I'm gonna do it." Mj said, as she glanced over to the box once more. "I just wish... I just wish that we could see them. Either Peter or Athena. Someone." Ned sighed–He made a gesture with Dr Strange's ring, creating some sparkles in the air. Lexi's eyes widened. "Ned?" Said Lexi. "Yeah?" He asked. "Do that again." Mj told him. Before Ned did what was asked of him, a breach opened in front of them. Noah quickly grabbed a flower vase, as if he was going to throw it at whoever walked through.

But he immediately put it down when Athena walked through it. "Oh, my God! You're alive!" Lexi exclaimed in relief as she stood up and hugged Athena. Mj let out a sigh of relief as she too went up to Athena and hugged her. "You're bleeding, like, a lot." Mj told her. "It's fine, I'm fine." Athena told them. "That doesn't look fine." Said Noah. "Ice healing will kick in soon enough." She said to them. Lexi furrowed her eyebrows and frowned slightly. Mj saw how Athena's blood was a darker red then usual, as if it was shifting to be a black color.

"Wait, Ath, where's Peter?" Ned finally asked, as he saw the breach close. Athena shook her head slowly. "He's dead?!" Ned asked in shock, as he started breathing heavily. "No! No, God no." Athena told him. Noah grabbed a magazine off the coffee table and began to fan Ned with it. "Peter's alive, but he just wanted to take a breather. It was intense back there." Athena then added. "Lead with that next time. You almost gave Ned a heart attack." Mj said to her. "Yeah, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Yeah. I just wish we could see him." Ned sighed. Mj looked over to him. "Oh! Right, right." Ned then said. "Okay... I just wish we could see Peter." Ned then created a whole portal–at the end appeared a figure wearing a Spider-Man costume. Noah stumbled back, as he hadn't expected that to work. Lexi and Mj looked stunned, as did Ned, but he was more relieved it had worked. "Salamangkero!" said Ned's grandmother, as she saw the portal in her kitchen. "You're right. I am magic." Ned whispered to his grandmother.