𝟑𝟕, 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

Chapter Thirty Seven.
Priorities.

It is said that we all have our own set morals

It is said that we all have our own set morals. Some people will always choose to be more noble, while other's couldn't care less. Then there are the ones that fall right in the middle. Those priorities and morals that we set for ourselves shape who we are as people. The nobility of one person can cause them to go to extreme lengths for those they care for, even if that means giving yourself up. How do you remain noble, but have enough selfishness to save yourself? That's the questioned she would come to ask herself, but won't find the answer until later she comes to the realization. The realization that she will refuse to believe, but will be forced to.

"Still no word from Vision?" Asked Secretary Ross on as he was on speakerphone. James Rhodes looked down at his hands before glancing over to the hologram projection of Ross. "Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh." Answered Rhodey. "On a stolen Quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals and an overpowered mutant that was supposed to be in our custody." Added Ross with a sneer.

"You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir? Along with that, Athena was never supposed to be anyone's custody as she's just a kid. Yes, she is a metahuman, but that doesn't make her a threat." Rhodey told him rather sharply.

"My God, Rhodes. Your talent for horseshit rivals my own." Ross rolled his eyes. "If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here. And if Vision stayed, then so would've Wanda. Oh! And can't forget Athena, who only wanted to be with the last living family she has." Rhodey exclaimed.

"I remember your signature on those paper, Colonel." Ross reminded him. "That's right. And I'm pretty sure I paid for that." Rhodey told him as he folded his arms over his chest. "You have second thoughts?" Asked Ross. "Not anymore." He answered sternly.

The sound of footsteps was heard approaching them. Rhodey and Ross turned to see the group of six people that walked towards them. It was Steve and Natasha that walked front and center. Athena stood behind them more in the middle. While Wanda, Vision, and Sam walked behind Athena. "Mr. Secretary," Steve said to Ross.

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that." Ross told the group as he walked up to them. "You could use some of that right now." Natasha and Athena said in accidental unison. Ross only scoffed. "The world's on fire... And you think all is forgiven?" He turned to Steve. "I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking permission." Steve stated.

"Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way, we'll fight you too." Steve warned. Ross turned back to Rhodey. "Arrest them. And while you're add it, take Athena Maximoff and shove that power dampener back into her arm, will you?" Ross told him.

"All over it." Said Rhodey. Only the power damper part got Wanda intrigues in not the most fondest of ways. Rhodey had the hologram disappear, and then turned to the group of 'vigilantes'. "That's a court marshall... It's great to see you, Cap." Rhodey then grinned. Steve walked up to him and the two shook hands. "You too, Rhodey." Steve said. Natasha walked up to him with a smile and hugged him.