𝟐𝟓, 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬

Chapter Twenty Five.
She knows.

You truly have no idea how powerful the truth can be

You truly have no idea how powerful the truth can be. It is a five letter word that impacts so much. Along with the truth, it needs to be believed that no matter how much darkness is out there in the world. The lies, secrets, death, all of it. That it all happens for some kind of reason. To be able to come back from any kind of darkness you need to believe in the light. That light could be a person who care about. But if the people you care about the most are also a part of that darkness, what do you do?

"Team Flash in the flesh. It's lovely to see you all, again, apparently." Athena walked into the Cortex. She sat in Cisco's chair at the desk. Athena spun around in the chair once. She then stopped herself. Sitting down properly, Athena placed her hands on the desk. Her fingers were locked, as if she were about to have a meeting.

"It looks like the crusade of chaos that occured here in Central City is over. Any chance you can help me out, Barry Allen?" Athena questioned. Barry inhaled, and exhaled deeply. He ran his hand through his hair. Turning to face Caitlin, who nodded.

"Uh, Caitlin?" Iris spoke up. Caitlin's head turned from Athena to Iris. "Do you know her?" Questioned Iris. "Yes, actually. We all do." Caitlin nodded. Athena raised an eyebrow. She watched as Caitlin sat down next to her and pulled up security camera footage of Star Labs from years prior.

Barry and Iris walked over to the two of them. Marlene DeVoe stood in the doorway of the Cortex. She grew slightly suspicious of the girl who sat before her. Marlene had know exactly who sat before her, as she had attacked the girl weeks back. As Marlene turned to leave Athena made an ice barrier to block the exit.

Athena turned around to face the woman, her head tilted and she pouted her lips. "Leaving so soon? You didn't really seem eager to leave when you tried to kill me as leverage for your husband." Said Athena.

Barry turned to Marlene, he shook his head and scoffed. "Someone better tell us what the hell is going on here." Iris spoke up again. "Got it." Caitlin said and displayed pre recorded footage of Athena Maximoff in the speed lab training with Cisco and Caitlin. "That's Athena Maximoff." Said Iris with the slightest bit of confusion in her tone.

"Yes, but look at the ice pattern. It's the exact same as what I was just blasted with. The same powers... But, I-" Barry said, but soon cut himself off. "Oh, my god." He mumbled. Caitlin turned to face Barry. "She's..." Barry said. Caitlin nodded.

"Athena Maximoff," Marlene chimed in. Athena turned to face her. "A facial transmogrification device was used on her." Cisco said blankly. Remembering how that was H.R Wells' favorite trick. "Alongside that, her memories were stripped away. She hadn't had her metahuman abilities until recently." Marlene added.

"Is there a way to reverse both effects?" Questioned Athena. "Lucky for you, I have H.R's original facial transmogrification device. I had given you the spare, but it seems to have been used against you." Cisco sighed. "I'll grab it from my workshop. I'll be back, but I'm going to need the ice barrier down, Elsa."