𝟎𝟔, 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐜

Chapter Six.
Cosmic.

Sometimes when it comes to people with extraordinary abilities, the most impressive feat is restraint

Sometimes when it comes to people with extraordinary abilities, the most impressive feat is restraint. But of course that cannot always be the case for some. Fear. A four letter word with huge outcomes. Fear can make us do a lot of things that we shouldn't. Some are unavoidable. It's like if you keep bottling up your emotions, they're bond to explode, that is unavoidable in and out of itself. But what happens if we can manipulate our fear? Turn it into a strength, rather then weakness?  

"Hey, Cap!" Sam called out as he and Steve rushed up to where Bucky had been, he had a machine on his metal arm that was preventing him from moving. Athena has been sitting against the wall making tiny snowmen with the movement of her fingers. She'd been observing Bucky from a far, slightly nervous that when free he'd hurt her again.

"Steve, Athena," Bucky groaned in pain. "Don't talk to her after you tried killing her." Steve muttered quietly, Bucky haven't had heard him as he was focused on Sam's glare. "Now, which Bucky am I talking to?" He then questioned. 

When Bucky didn't answer right away Sam looked to Athena. "You didn't answer his question. Which Bucky are you? The normal, sane one, or the one who tried killing several Avengers?" Athena asked as she stood up.

"Definitely your kid." Bucky murmured. "Bucky," Steve was now losing patience. "Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." Bucky then spoke, chuckling slightly. 

"You can't read that in a museum." Steve half smiled, Sam raised an eyebrow. "Just like that, we're supposed to be cool? You were pissed off two seconds ago at the thought of him hurting Athena." Sam commented. 

"What did I do?" Bucky questioned. "Enough." Steve replied. "You tried killing Athena. That's the major one." Sam chimed in. "Oh, god. I knew this would happen. I didn't want to hurt your kid, Steve. I really didn't" Bucky replied.

"Well, you did." Sam hummed, Athena shook her head. "Everything Hydra put inside me is still there. All he had to do is say those god damn words." Bucky muttered, shaking his head in disappointment of himself.

"Who was he?" Athena then questioned before Steve could ask the same question. "I don't know." Bucky responded. "People are dead. The bombing, the set up. The doctor did all that just to get ten minutes with you. You need to do better than 'I don't know'" She said. Sam looked at Steve. "Yeah, I know, I know. She's my kid. Let's move on." Steve said, Sam only let out a faint chuckle.

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where." Bucky responded, his gaze shifting straight ahead, as if he were trying to figure out what he was saying. "Why would he need to know that?" Steve asked. "Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier." 

After several minutes of storytelling Steve spoke up, "Who are they?" Athena raised an eyebrow as she too awaited an answer. "Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in Hydra history. And that was before the serum." Bucky responded.