𝟑𝟐, 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Chapter Thirty Two.
Visions.

Darkness

Darkness. It was pitch black. Not a single noise was heard. It was a silence that radiated death and emptiness. Looking around she saw nothing, heard nothing. At first it was thought to be a dream, but it was not. She was wide awake while this went on around her. It confused her on several levels. It was several moments of nothingness. But then as if on cue, a voice was heard. "There's no way we're getting through this without you." It sounded like her friend Noah Gustin. The teenage boy who she'd made friends with in her sophomore year of high school. Only his voice sounded slightly more restless without a hint of his usual sarcasm. Athena couldn't tell what was going on. She only heard his voice.

A gust of harsh wind was heard. Only nothing happened minus the fact that Noah's voice was no longer heard. This time there was no voice that was heard for Athena Maximoff. She only saw strawberry blonde hair floating in a river that seemed to be far from Queens, New York. The strawberry blonde haired girl had her covered in blood as she laid face down in the river. It was shown that to other people were there rushing to save her as you could see violet colored hues in the water's reflection.

The sound of thunder was heard loudly. Within seconds she no longer saw the scene that had been displayed for her. Instead she saw only a cliff. It was completely deserted. She could seen how high up the altitude of the cliff was. A fall from there meant instant death for anyone whether it be human, metahuman, alien, or maybe even a god. It was very subtle, but Athena could have sworn she saw someone sitting on a bench at the top of the cliff. Their back was turned so Athena did not see who it was. It was to foggy in this subconscious mind of hers to be able to distinguish them.

Again. No more of the strange location that was sending her mixed messages. Now she only saw a forest. Trees surrounded her all around. Athena looked around until she saw a tall man with dark hair that was practically black. He had a slight smirk on his face. His white shirt stained in blood. The collar of his faux, black leather jacket was ripped off. He walked past her. Athena turned her head in the direction that he had just walked away from. Only she saw a dead body on the ground. Dark brunette hair. Black veins covering every inch of their body that was visible. Blood also stained over their clothing. The blood seemingly having been from a blade that had been stabbed into their abdomen. A red glowing circular object laid beside the dead body, only it had been shattered.

She gasped. Her eyes had already been open, but they had been fully black. That feeling of light headedness came over her again. Athena stumbled back against the wall. She rested her head back. Her nails dug into the palms of her hands. Within a few seconds her eyes were back to their natural green state. She failed to notice that her auburn hair had been tinted darker when she was in a void like state. At the moment that was the least of her worries. What she had seen and heard scared Athena. Knowing everything would be different the second she stepped foot on her earth.