𝟒𝟎, 𝐇𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐀𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

Chapter Forty.
Heightened abilities.

It is said that emotions fuel us, both good and bad

It is said that emotions fuel us, both good and bad. They add onto us, they have a hold on us. Some people can control their emotions well, others can't. I wonder how much harder it would be if your emotions heightened. How would you go about that? Now, if your emotions also add onto powers, what's to stop your powers from being heightened just as much as your powers? With the heightened abilities, comes a heightened responsibility. But that line's origin usually doesn't bring much lunch to the person who says it. Only what if someone hadn't said it to you directly, but you instead remind yourself it?

The barrier opened, but only a small portion of it. There were hundreds of creatures that began to run into the open area. All the warriors continued running up with their weapons in hand. The Avengers that were there ran up as well. It was only Athena who stood still. She could hear the voices in her head once more. They were screaming at her. Something felt off. She groaned in pain as she felt as though she was being stabbed from behind her. She eyes flared the yellow color of the Mind Stone at the same time. Athena turned back and realized it would have something to do with Vision.

Athena threw her hands forwards and had two dozen of the creatures get lifted upwards with purple hues surrounding them. Athena's eyes flared yellow once more, as did her powers. She moved her hands in opposite directions and had every creature in her hold split in half. Turning to the side she saw Natasha was on the ground with one of the alien beings trying to kill her. Athena had unintentionally used super speed to run over to Natasha, and kicked the creature off Natasha. She pulled the ring J'onn gave her off and threw it at the creature. She watched as the ring turned into a sharp blade and stabbed the creature right in between in's head. Athena then helped Natasha up off the ground. Walking over to the dead alien she took the blade out and watched as it turned back into the silver ring, which she then put back on her middle finger.

"That was impressive." Natasha commented as she walked up behind Athena. "Where's you get that ring?" She then followed up. "A friend gave it to me." Athena murmured as she looked around as she could feel something was off. "What is it?" Natasha asked as she could see Athena's worry.

Athena didn't answer, but instead looked over to T'Challa, who nodded. "How much longer, Shuri?" T'Challa spoke through his comms. "I've barely begun, brother." Shuri answered truthfully. "You might want to pick up the pace." He added, then punched one of the alien creatures out of the way. He scoffed in annoyance to the thing that was on the ground.

"Athena, watch out!" Steve shouted out. Athena turned to see several more aliens charging at her and Natasha. Athena brought her hands together and then quickly pulled them apart. A shield surrounded her and Natasha. She was thankful to have been able to siphon Doctor Strange beforehand. Natasha was surprised to see this as she hadn't seen Athena in control of two of the most powerful individuals abilities. Athena could control both Wanda and Stephen's abilities in a way that wasn't theoredically possible.