𝟏𝟓, 𝐁𝐲𝐞 𝐛𝐲𝐞, 𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐱𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐟𝐟

Chapter Fifteen.
Bye bye, Athena Maximoff.

Starting over, in theory, it's simple

Starting over, in theory, it's simple. You put the past behind you, take what you learned and begin again. But it is not as easy as it sounds. Moving on means letting go. Things that are familiar, easy, safe. Things that matter. Every moment of everyday we make a choice, whether it be big or small. We are constantly making choices. We can cling to the past or embrace the inevitability of change. No matter what, new changes are coming, and it is out of anyone's control. It is only a matter of if you control it or let it control you.

"You know, I don't understand why Black Widow wanted you to bring Athena here. This place is a mess." Cisco said as he walked alongside Barry, who had Athena in his arms. When they jumped out of the breach they were in Manhattan, New York. They were now right in front of the Avengers Tower, which was undergoing construction. 

Athena was barely conscious, but being who she was she got up. She hated being carried around. "Why the hell are we in New York?" She questioned. Cisco threw his hands up. "His idea." Cisco quickly said in fear that Athena would blast him.

"Actually, it was Natasha's idea. She said her and Tony Stark had some kind of plan and to bring you here instead of to her." Barry answered. Athena shook her head, "What? No. Take me to her, please." 

"Black Widow specifically gave him orders, so I don't think-" Cisco began, but was cut off by Athena, "She has brain damage and didn't know what she was talking about." She blurted out. "Ah... Harsh." Cisco said.

Barry furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "You have super speed, just run me to Natasha." Athena said. "Technically you have super speed too." Cisco chimed in. "I can't control it like Barry can. My speed was siphoned from Pietro. I can't just become The Flash all of the sudden." 

"I'm going to need some identification." Happy Hogan spoke as he saw Barry and Cisco enter the Avengers tower. "Oh, wait. Athena," Happy sighed. Athena waved at him, a fake smile on her face. Happy gestured for them to follow him, Athena walking in front of Barry and Cisco who simply looked amazed.

They took pictures of everything and were taking selfies s the walked around. Cisco had his mouth open in awe almost the entire time. He went to touch a glass case, but was slapped in the hand by Athena. "Don't touch anything."