December Christmas Day Part 1

Chris POV

My alarm goes off while it's still dark outside, the sun not even starting it's own wake up process yet. Today I do something I never do. I hit the snooze and just lay there. I am utterly exhausted.
  In order to have today off I've taken on extra shifts this week. The calls this week have been insane. We've dealt with house fires caused by Christnas trees, electric shocks from hanging up lights, falling off of ladders, and then our usual types of calls as well. Unfortunately that meant less time with Daphne, but it had to be done for all of our plans today to work.
  Apparently I'm not the only one the alarm woke up. Dodger jumps up onto the bed and lays down next to me putting his head on my shoulder. He's giving me those eyes. The eyes that beg to be let out and fed. "Five more minutes, bud," I tell him as my eyes involuntarily close again.  This time as soon the alarm sounds Dodger is no longer staring at me but licking my face. I give in and get out of bed. I slip on my shoes, his leash and just go onto the small patch of grass behind the apartment. We don't stay long since I know he's going with us on our rounds today and will have plenty of time to run around with the kids. I put down his food and head for a shower. While I don't need a cold shower this morning I seriously debate it for the simple fact that it may wake me up. Instead I grab a shower bomb that Daphne gave me. It's scented with orange and some other citrusy things that's suppose to help aid in waking me up. Let's see if it works.
  I finish up in the shower, feeling a little more awake than before, and finish getting ready for the day. I choose not to bring Daphne's gifts with me as I'm going to make her wait the entire day. We'll see how much she sasses me about it, but I want it to be perfect.

  Checking the clock I notice it's 7:30am

  Checking the clock I notice it's 7:30am. We're suppose to be at the Jeffries at 8. I call Dodger to follow me out of the door. We load the truck and make the quarter mile trip to Daphne's.
I'm taken aback as I pull into her driveway. Daphne is sitting on her steps, ready to go with two cups of coffee in her hands.  She meets me at the truck as I get out. "Merry Christmas love. I've missed your face," she tells me as she goes on her tip toes to give me a kiss.
  I return the kiss, "Merry Christmas to you too. What cup are you on to be this awake and chipper?" I give a chuckle.
  "What do you mean? I'm always this pleasant in the morning," she says as she hands me one of the coffees. I narrow my eyes at her and smirk.
"Fine," she says with a roll of her eyes. "This is my third," she sticks her tongue out at me as I can't help but laugh.
"My car is all loaded. I figured we'd just take it," she tells me.
   "Sounds good. Come on Dodge," I call to the dog helping him down. Daphne has opened the door for him to jump in.
In turn I open her passenger side door and hold it open for her to get in. "I see you're wearing one of your gifts," I mention as I see the blue plaid shirt I gave her.