0035 • caught

•••••
"bloody hell mate!"

We both pulled away, and faced a shocked Ron, and an awfully displeased Hermione. If looks could kill, I would have dropped dead in the ground. My heart stopped for a second as soon as I saw there faces.

"...Well, you owe me 10 galleons Mione." Ron muttered as he turned towards Hermione.

They made a bet?

Of course they made a bet. I would've made a bet for them too., anyways. Though, it made me even feel guiltier that Hermione trusted me on not falling back for him.

"What are you guys doing here?" Hermione ignored Ron, as she eyed us both with her arms crossed. There was no getting out of this one alive, I thought. My fingers were clutched into a fist, as I was trying to keep my cool as I faced Hermione. My lips trembled for a response, as her hard gaze stared at me like it was forcing me to tell her the truth.

"Nothing—" I stuttered, clearing my throat as I looked at Harry, then Hermione.

"Absolutely nothing."

"Yeah, nothing." Harry repeated.

"That doesn't sound like nothing to me." Ron applied, which Hermione silently agreed.

"Neville is waiting for you.. a very panicked Neville. He thought you were going to get in trouble.. but..." Hermione continued, as she picked up the plant that was placed on a table.

Shoot.

"O-oh, yeah. I'll give him the plant right now actually." I shuffled over to Hermione, and held the plant in my hands as I shamelessly lowered my head. I was too busy that I've forgotten about the plant. How stupid can I be?

"Y/N," She started saying.

But I didn't want to hear. I quickly walked towards the door, and dashed out, ignoring their protests. The embarrassment left me blushing as I left, walking into the common room as I passed some people. The sensation of his ghostly lips still tingled my lips. I wouldn't lie, his lips did taste like vanilla.

Gosh dang it, stop thinking about his lips!

My eyes looked directly as Neville, who was eating a biscuit at the snack table.

"Neville!" I called out, heading towards his direction.

I saw him almost drop his biscuit, as his eyes averted to me, than his plant.

"Oh, my plant!" He exclaimed, as he held the plant in his arm. I smiled at his excited self, as he sniffed the plant.

"You didn't get in trouble, did you? I told Hermione not to tell! Well— I thought I did—"

" 'S okay Neville." I assured him from his stuttering, as I patted his back.

"I'm A-okay."

But I knew I wasn't.

"Oh.. okay." He said in relief.

I nodded, and reached to grab a cookie from the bowl. Maybe this party wasn't a good idea.

"I got to go." I said quickly, biting the cookie as I faced Neville.