0016 • Fight

Not much happened the day that I had finally picked my dress I was going to wear for the Yule Ball.

Professors has given us more homework than usual due to the impact of the Yule Ball, that we have to turn everything in the same day it takes place. Hermione has kept me from going to sleep, as she mentioned that her and Ron weren't talking as usual.

"He's mad that I was going with Viktor, which is highly dumb pointing out of the fact that he doesn't have control on whom I date!" She fumed on, as she crumpled one of a blank paper sheet, angrily.

I watched her carefully doing that, making sure not to interfere with her anger.

She shook her head, and let go of the now crushed up paper, and threw it to a corner.

"Boys.." she muttered, crossing her arms. I agreed with her by nodding my head, as I continued to put away my potions books. Ron was a git right now, so I could see why she thought that.

"Speaking of boys.." She muttered, as she stood out of her seat, looking at me with an amused smile.

"Who are you going to the Yule Ball with? You never told me anything?" Hermione mentioned, as she helped me put the books to the correct shelves.

That was right, I didn't tell her who I was going with because I know she'll be mad at me for going to the ball with a Slytherin.

There was no trying to change the subject now, as I've been ignoring her about my date for the past week.

I gulped and looked down at my lap, my fingers playing with one of the bookmarks of the book.

"Promise you won't be mad at me?" I asked her, giving her one of my soft looks that almost works everytime.

Hermione put on a genuine smile, and raised her eyebrow.

"Why would I be mad? Just tell me."

I sighed, and stood up, clearing any dust in my hands from the books I had touched. I had a bad feeling about telling her, but she deserves to know the truth on my dating status. She was my only true friend I've ever made, and I didn't want to hold back any secrets with her.

Here goes nothing.

"I'm going with Draco-"

"Shut up." She said instantly, as she stared at me with disbelief. I haven't even finished my sentence, and she already knew who I was going to say. How was she not put in ravenclaw?

"Okay, I know what you're think.." I said, holding up my hands in defense.

"But Listen-"

"How could you, Y/N?!" Hermione scolded me angrily, stomping her way closer to me, fire in her eyes as her eyes seized into a cold glare. I gulped and looked away from her, fidgeting my fingers a bit. She was a scary women.

"I-i didn't have a date, and Draco happened to ask me-"

"And you accepted?!"

"Because I had too! Nobody wanted me to be their bloody date!" I interrupted harshly at her, glaring the same level as she was. I realized around her orbs, was surrounded with redness. I can only assume it was her anger towards me.

"I wasn't going to take my chance and be a third wheel for you and— and Victor or whatever!"

"I could've gone with you!"

"I-" I paused my sentence, and looked up at her. But she was already packing up her things, leaving me with no choose but to ignore her last statement.