0015 • Dress picking

The Yule Ball was tomorrow.

How can days past so fast, that it leads up to an event you dreaded to come.

I mentally sighed as I was in the girls bathroom, washing up my face to clear my thoughts. Hermione thought a blue dress would fit me perfectly, but I didn't really know if I even wanted to wear a dress. Dresses can sometimes be a pain in the butt when you have to have the right posture to walk in, to make sure there are no creeps around, or the dress magically rips.

"Y/N?!" A voice called out, behind the girls bathroom door. My head snapped towards the door, as I quickly turned off the faucet, and rushed over to open the door.

I stepped outside of the bathroom, and as I closed it, I turned around to meet Harry's bright green eyes. I was stunned to see him, that I stumbled back a bit as my back hit the door.

"Harry? What are you doing here?" I questioned, my eyebrow raised in confusion. My hands were wet because I was in a rush to see who was there, but I quickly wiped them on my pants. Meanwhile, I thought about all the possibilities he was waiting for me in the bathroom,

"Do you want to hang out with me, Ron and Hermione?"

Or

"Professor Mcgonagall asked me to give you this."

Or something along the lines of that, but what he said completely wiped out those thoughts that were filling.

"I actually came here to talk to you about... Malfoy." He said, his hands inside his pockets, shyly looking at me. My face slowly turned into a frown at the mention of Malfoy.

My mind crushed over the day in 3rd year where Harry was threatening to hurt Draco, where he wanted him to hate me. I remembered the memories clearly, as it made me mad that Harry was possibly trying to make me and Draco not dare each other.

"I don't want to hear it Harry.." I started, plopping my hands down to my sides, shaking my head to past him.

He stepped in my way, blocking me from going anywhere.

"Y/N, I swear it's something that's actually true, and something that Pansy told me-"

"So you believe everything Pansy says?!" I exclaimed, looking at him with anger and confusion.

"I- well no, but what she said was-"

"What she said was a lie, Harry. She also bullied her for years-"

"And so Draco didn't?!" Harry pressed, the same anger as me. "Can't you see he is using you?!"

I froze at his words, more particularly using. One thing about me is I don't want any boy to use me in any way or else I'll possibly slap them, but I had this sort of feeling there was a possibility that Draco might've changed. Maybe over the tutoring and my company, even though he was rude to me at times, he figured what it's like to have a good time. We did have some good days where I would joke around, and he'll loosen himself up for a laugh. I just know there is good inside him. I just needed to unplug it to find it, right?

But yet again, I didn't truly know if I had feelings for him. I didn't usually get the butterflies I've gotten from Harry, even though I scolded myself many times.

I shook my head, and looked at Harry, dead in the eyes.

"So if you were him, you'd probably use me too?" I mocked what he said, scoffing and shaking my head, backing up.

"What- no thats not what I said-"

"Save it." I walked to another direction from him, leaving him standing there, near the Girls bathroom.

What a naive person.

But what if I was the naive person, and what if Pansy was right?

Either way, I will not give up my date with Draco, and that's final.

«At the Girls gryffindor dormitory»

"What about this one?" Hermione questioned, as she picked out a nice, floral dress. It reached up to the knees, and was perfect for a picnic date.

"Not my style." I shrugged off, as I kept on reading a novel.

Hermione tiredly sighed, as she plotted the dress on my bed, putting her hands on her hips.

"Seriously Y/N? You're going to have to pick a dress eventually!" Scolded Hermione, disappointedly shaking her head, looking for another dress.

I sighed, as I looked up at her, with a knowing look.

"I'm not a fan of dresses, Mione. Now if you can excuse me-"

"This one!" Hermione interrupted me, as she pulled out a nice, unique dark blue dress, that look very elegant.

(This is the dress, I don't know what girls/women want there dresses these days, I just needed a simple one, and this isn't really simple but it would be better if you will pick this one, but if you really hate it, than you can pick your own!!)

Hermione smiled at me expression, and looked back at the dress she was holding.

"I have a feeling you like this dress?"

I nodded, without thinking as I was enchanted by the beauty of the dress. I wasn't very fond of wear one, but I just know that I'll take a liking on this one.

••••••

A/N: short chapter!