41. Shaking Like a Leaf

A/N - 2nd update of the day!! 

Ryan

Eddie had been staying with us for three days now. He was in a pretty bad way when he arrived. There was not a part of his body that didn't have a bruise on it, and he shuffled around like he was 100 years old. He just slept for the first two days, but now, even though he was still in pain, he was wide awake and pestering me so I couldn't get on with my homework.

"Come on!" I whined as a sock landed on my head.

Eddie cackled with laughter, but quickly stopped to wince in pain.

"Serves you right, you bastard!" I shot back, then went back to trying to solve the maths equation.

"Come on, I'm bored!" Eddie moaned.

"I'll be done in 5 minutes. Can you wait 5 minutes?"

"Ok, but I'm timing you. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.."

"Oh for fuck's sake!" I said, slamming my book shut. "What do you want to do?"

Eddie ginned and bounced slightly, reminding me of a small child.

"I want to talk about Elijah!" he said with mischief in his eyes.

I rolled mine. "What about Elijah?"

"What's going on with the two of you? Are you officially a couple now?"

"If you mean is he my boyfriend, then yes he is," I said calmly, trying to act like it didn't affect me to say stuff like that.

News flash - it did!

Eddie squealed a bit like a startled pig.

"Can we invite him? Pleeeease??"

I wanted nothing more. I hadn't really seen much of Elijah since I'd been taking care of Eddie, and I missed him. More than I thought I would. I'm pretty sure, more than would be considered healthy.

"He's coming here tomorrow, because I'm taking him out on a date," I said wiggling my eyebrows.

Eddie laughed. "Oh my god! Ryan Stone going on a date! I never thought I'd see the day!!"

I just raised my eyebrows at him. But I couldn't be mad. Because I never thought I'd see the day either.

"Where are you taking him?" he asked.

"Hmm, now there's a question!" I said with a chuckle. "It turns out he's really fussy with eating, so I can't just pick anywhere."

"What do you mean by fussy?"

I grimaced a little. There was a lot about Elijah that I was still learning, and I didn't want to share everything he told me with Eddie, but then again, Eddie was my best friend, and the person I would always turn to if I needed help or advice, so I supposed it was ok to tell him some things.

"Well Elijah has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and is more than likely on the spectrum too, so he has certain routines that cause him anxiety if he breaks them."

"What do you mean, about the spectrum thing?"

I sighed. "Look I don't want to say too much, because it's up to Elijah who he tells, but when he was young he was assessed for Autism, but although the doctor said it was likely he was on the Autisic spectrum, he never got a diagnosis. He does have a diagnosis for OCD though. Anyway, the thing with food is that he likes to eat certain things on certain days."