XLII: Promise

(Not edited, I hope it is nice ^_^)

Athena

I looked up to see who gave this jacket, only to be met with those alluring green eyes.

"What are you wearing?" he asked furiously, his eyes raking my figure with a knitted brow. I found my body heating wherever his eyes scanned. I wasn't any less either, my eyes shamelessly took in his godly features, he was dressed in black jeans, a plain white shirt with sleeves rolled up to his elbows exposing his strong veiny arms, and the top three buttons were undone giving a clear view of his chiselled chest. I couldn't help but wonder how would it feel to run my hand through his skin. My mouth went dry at his sight.

A clearing of the throat brought me back to reality. I glanced up, finding him with an amused look and a satisfied smirk on his face. "Like what you see?" Oh yes, I do! I wanted to say.

I folded my arms, which pushed my boobs up. His eyes wandered over to that region and quickly averted his eyes. The tips of his ear were turning red. Aww, my Zephyr is blushing. "I can ask the same for you." Haha! Take that, you devil. His eyes snapped to mine. His lips tugged at the corner as he leaned closer, placing his left hand on the table behind me and the other on my exposed thigh, sending jolts of electricity all over my body.

I unconsciously gulped staring into his dark eyes "I surely am Ma Cherie but I don't like the way the other men are staring at you as if you're their next prey." he whispered huskily, using his thumb and index finger he tipped my chin up to meet his eyes. His eyes swirling with various emotions, mostly possessiveness.

"Why does it bother you?" I asked lowly, my eyes watching him curiously.

"Because you're mine Athena," he whispered against my ear and lightly nipped it "Only mine," I swallowed hard, trying to keep my cool. Those words just took me to cloud nine, I've been wanting to hear those words for so long. My heart thumped loudly and felt my insides churning.

"Does that mean you're mine Zephyr?" I gazed into his glimmering eyes, filled with care and desire.

His bright smile was enough to answer my question "Only yours Athena," He whispered and placed a chaste kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes letting out a sigh, his soft warm lips lingered for a while and pulled away, a whimper almost left my mouth at the loss of contact.

"Wanna escape this place?" He suggested, his eyes glancing around with a revulsive face. I can see even he's not enjoying here. I nodded my head eagerly "Oh Yes I do," He smiled and held my hand pulling me along with him through the dancing crown to outside the club. I sighed in relief as I breathed in the fresh air. "Let's go!" he tugged my hand to follow him but I stopped in my tracks, he glanced back at me in confusion "What about Ruby?" I asked, I didn't inform her, what if she starts stressing out?

"I'll inform Danny" he shrugged.

"Thank you" I beamed and hugged his warm body, he immediately wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer.

"As much as I'd love to stay this way, I want to take you to a place."

I looked up, "Where?" I asked in excitement.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," he winked, I almost melted then and there.

"I hate surprises" I grumbled with a pout.

"But you're gonna love this one" he pecked my nose, and dragged me towards his car, it was a Black convertible, not his daily car that he brings to work. I didn't realise I was shivering until I climbed into the car and he turned on the heater. I noticed him texting someone on his phone and kept it back into his pocket before glancing at me with a smile "You ready?" he asked, I grinned in return "Yup!"