XXVII: Saved me!

Athena

Life was getting better than I expected. It's been a week since Alex got to know about me and as I feared my two annoying brothers found out too. I hope their big mouth doesn't sell me out.

Emma went to New York, leaving me with her moody cousin. Why sister?

Speaking about the devil boss of mine. Well, as always, he is rude and haughty, but he's trying his best to not lash out at me. However, my mouth's got no filter of what I might say and I'm sure he might lose the last string of patience soon.

"Are you even listening?" an angry voice snapped, bring me back to reality. Oh, I forgot he was explaining something.

I gazed at him with a blank expression. His eyes were set into a hard glare making me gulp.

"Huh! Umm..yeah!" I stammered awkwardly, having no idea what he was talking about.

His eyes narrowed, not buying my lie.

"Go bring file CA4 from the shelf room" he stated blankly and I mentally let out a sigh as he didn't push on the lie.

"Okay," I hurriedly got up from my seat and went towards the room where he kept all the files. My eyes checked for the sign C and I noticed it.

However, there's a problem. It's at the top and I'm so freaking short! My eyes roamed the room in search of a small stool or table which I could use to climb.

Noticing a table at the end of the room, I took it and brought it near the shelf. Removing my heels I climbed on top of it and stood on my tiptoes but I still couldn't reach it.

I tried to jump and reached the file but my leg slipped causing me to tip backwards. Oh gosh!

I squeezed my eyes and braced for the impact. But it never came instead I felt warmth around me, the intoxicating smell of pine wafted to my nose. Wait what?

Slowing peeling my eyes open which immediately met an angry yet concerned pair of emeralds.

"You are so clumsy, Athena! What if I wasn't there to catch you on time? You would've been badly injured." he kept on yelling at me but my mind couldn't focus on anything at this proximity with him. My heart is having a frenzy, jolts of electricity were passing through my skin.

I could stay in his strong arms forever.

"I.. I'm sorry, I couldn't reach the shelf so.." but he rudely cut me off "You should've asked me!"

Is he bipolar? Sometimes he hates it when I ask him something and now he's screaming at me for not asking for his help?

"I didn't want to disturb you," I mumbled looking at my fidgeting fingers. I could feel his intense gaze on my face which I didn't want to meet. I hear him let out a sigh.

"Next time don't hesitate to ask me." His voice suddenly softened, making my heart skip a beat. Oh heart, what is happening to you?

I nodded, still not meeting his eyes.

"Words Miss.Walker."

"Y..yes sir."

He gently put me down but my legs gave out and I quickly wrapped my arm's around his neck as his hands went to my waist to support me. My eyes widened when I realised how close our faces were, his minty breath fanned my lips and I could see the golden flecks in his eyes up close. so alluring!

He quickly averted his gaze and steadied me "Careful."

"Thank you," I mumbled genuinely at him with a smile, he plainly nodded and walked away quickly. I watched him walk out and let out a breath which I didn't know why I was holding.