XXXVII: Old wounds!

Athena

They say silent treatment is the best way to get back at someone and I'm going to do just that. Zephyr no-no, My Boss wants to play with my feelings, then I'll show him what it feels like to be ignored by someone.

I was seated in my cabin, moving around in my swivel chair. It's been an hour since his outburst and I haven't seen nor spoken to him. I am not going into his den this time, it's his fault and he should make the move first if he wants this friendship to work out, or is it only friendship?

I'm starting to doubt the relationship we have. Is it Boss and PA? Normal friends or something more? These thoughts are making me lose my mind. If he wants this to remain platonic then why did he freaking kiss me in the first place and the move he did in the office was all contradicting his actions by kicking me out.

What's going through that brain of his?

I spent a few more minutes pondering over various possibilities, for him actually having a bipolar disorder to whether he hit his head somewhere. My phone buzzed bringing back my attention to the present, I picked it up and saw new messages from Gabe.

A smile made its way to my face as I clicked his message.

Gabe: Hello Darling! ;)

I chuckled looking at the winking emoji

Me: Wassup Gabe? :)

He immediately responded.

Gabe: I'm bored -_-

Me: Same here! but aren't you supposed to be at work?

Gabe: Yeah, I'm in a meeting, and I'm really bored listening to the same thing again.

Me: What if you get fired? :/

Gabe: Oh darling I'm the boss ;) so you don't have to worry about me, dear. So wanna sneak out for a coffee?

I glanced at the digital clock, 10:09 it showed, I guess taking a break is alright, besides that jerk (my boss) wouldn't call me for sure.

Me: Sure :)

Gabe: I'll pick you up.

Me: Ok.

Gabe: I'll be waiting near your building in ten. Can't wait to see you cupcake ;)

I chuckled at his antics, man he's such a flirt but it never made me feel uncomfortable. I played candy crush on my mobile to kill time and after ten minutes, I took my purse and went downstairs without informing Mr. King. If he wanted me for something he can call.

I stepped out of the building and saw a black Porsche waiting at the front, the left door opened and Gabriel climbed out, wearing a navy blue two-piece suit with a white shirt underneath and a red tie. His Brown hair was sleeked back with few strands falling over his forehead. His signature happy smile plastered on his face and his blue orbs glinted with mirth when he stared at me.

"My lady is looking beautiful as always!" He complimented, I blushed looking down at my feet cladded in black knee-high boots. I wasn't wearing anything fancy, just a plain blue blouse and a White pea coat. My face void of any make-up, just plain cherry lip balm.

He chuckled at my flustered self, "Come let's go " he placed his warm hand on the small of my back as he guided me to his car and opened the door. I gave him a smile as a thank you and climbed in. He winked, with a smile and closed the door before getting settled on the driver's seat.