XXXIV: Gabriel!

(Yay! Double update It's a filler chapter. Hope you enjoy it!)

Athena

Ruby left a few minutes ago. She couldn't stop herself from smiling widely thinking about their date. I'm so happy for her. Now I'm all alone for Christmas, I feel like crying.

My phone buzzed, and I checked the new caller. It was Gabriel, that handsome man I met during the ball. A smile crept up my face as I answered the call.

"Hello my darling!" his warm voice greeted me sending shivers down my spine.

"Well Well, who might you be?" I asked playfully

"Ouch, I'm hurt, my darling. How could you forget about your Knight who saved you that night"

I let out a laugh "I was Kidding Gabe, of course, I remember you" I heard him laugh throatily, making butterflies flutter in my tummy but it didn't feel as good as Mr King's laugh. Gosh, I need to get him off my mind. "Why a sudden call?" I asked curiously.

"I'm sorry I couldn't talk to you, I was busy with my work and stuff but I've got some spare time and I decided to call you." at least someone isn't avoiding me.

"I'm honoured, oh shiz! I forgot to wish you Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you too" he chuckled

"Where's my gift?"

I could picture him smirking "That's a surprise."

"wait really?" I was joking, I didn't expect him to be serious

"Yep!"

"Oh God!! So You're in Paris?" I squealed

"Yes sweetheart, send me your address I'll pick you up" So I'm not gonna be alone this Christmas, hooray!

"I'll send it."

"Be ready by eight"

"Okay!" I replied excitedly

"see you soon darling!" and he hung up leaving me with a bright smile on my face.

"yayyy!!!!" I quickly sent my address and screamed in joy before rushing to my room. I took a quick bath, shaved and applied moisturizer. Wrapping a towel around my waist I skimmed through my wardrobe deciding on what to wear.

I tapped my finger on my chin in thought, "Which One?" I didn't have many dinner night clothes but I could manage a makeshift dress.

My eyes landed on a peach coloured halter neck dress that reached till my knee. I quickly donned that dress and paired it with a white blazer and transparent stockings along with brown ankle boots. I left my long brown hair in loose natural curls and applied minimal make-up on my face and topped it off with my favourite maroon matte lipstick.

I puckered my lips, giving an air kiss to my reflection "Damn, I look hot!" I praised myself, I know I'm that weird, sometimes you just accept your beauty. Everyone is beautiful in their own way, it's up to us to find that beauty within ourselves.

After doing a small twirl, I picked my burgundy bag and left the room. The clock struck at eight and the bell rang. He's here! I wonder how he looked without a mask.

My heart pounded in excitement as I slowly walked towards the door. Taking a deep, I pulled the door open, my mouth hung open when I saw the hot piece of specimen standing in front of me holding a rose Bouquet. My eyes shamelessly rake over him, He was dressed In plain black pants, a grey shirt and a black duffle jacket. His brown hair was styled with fringe up giving him a boyish look.