IV. Bienvenue à Paris

Athena

I stepped into the airport and went through the security check before going to the counter. I gave my ticket and luggage. After getting my boarding pass, I went through the immigration counter and another round of security checks before entering the terminal where the duty-free shops are.

I'm glad I bought a business class ticket or I would have to wait in lines for a long time. Since I had more than one hour before boarding I decided to roam around, going through the shops but didn't buy anything as I didn't want to spend my money. After exploring I went to the lounge and sat on the sofa adjacent to the window giving me a complete view of the airport.

I decided to have a light sandwich and coffee since I couldn't eat my dinner properly thinking about this escape. I connected to the airport WiFi and started browsing through the internet. I heard the boarding call and I got up, picking my bag and unfinished coffee.

I left the lounge and went to the boarding gate where I saw passengers entering the aerobridge. The CSA scanned my boarding pass and wished me a pleasant flight. I walked through the aerobridge and could hear the loud noise of the aircraft. Since it's going to be a huge flight, I get to travel a double-decker flight and this is my first time boarding it.

I'm excited!

As I entered the flight, a blonde air hostess dressed in blue greeted me and led me to my seat. I kept my bag inside the compartment and got comfortable on the flatbed seat. I opened my phone, showing my lock screen which is my family photo. We looked so happy in it. I felt a pang in my heart and my eyes filled with tears. I switched off the mobile and wiped my tears. I have to do this, be strong!

The captain announced our departure and the flight started moving, after the pre-flight announcement we're soon on the runway getting ready to take off.

I could hear the engine rush with power as it thrust forward. I looked outside and saw the place speeding away, the flight took off and the land started becoming smaller and smaller giving me the last glimpse of my home town. Bye-bye New York!

*******

I landed half an hour ago in France and walked towards the exit carrying my luggage. I stepped outside and was greeted by the cold weather in Paris. I should've dressed in something warmer. It's evening as I walk outside. My eyes scanned the crowd looking for the blonde headed girl called Ruby. I went furthermore to the exit where the cars were parked.

"ATHENA!"

I turned towards the source of the voice and saw Ruby running towards me with a huge smile, her ponytail swaying behind.

"RUBY!" I squealed and rushed towards her before bringing her into a bone-crushing hug. "I missed you." I mumbled into her shoulder.

She patted my back and pulled away holding my shoulder "Aww I missed you too sis!"

I rubbed my palm as it's almost freezing. "Let's go inside and talk. It's freezing out here" I shivered.

She chuckled and pulled me along with her. I grabbed my luggage and followed her towards her car. It's a cute red mini cooper. "You bought a car?" I asked; surprised.

"Yeah," she said as she opened the hood for me to drop my baggage. I closed the hood and went over to the other side and climbed in. Thankfully the heater was on and I sighed in relief.

"So how was your flight?"

"It was fine, I slept mostly so I don't feel that tired. Tell me about your job."