Chapter 15

✱Emma's POV✱

✱Emma's POV✱

Every story has a villain. The villain of my story, Nicolas Santiago Rodriguez. Yes, Rodriguez. He's Papa Rodriguez's brother. To say that I hate him would be an understatement. I would do anything to kill that man. Two years ago, after that horrible night, he had gone MIA. That was why Mike's message saying that he could probably be back, got me rushing to the Headquarters.

I burst into Mike's office where a few people were gathered. They all had worried looks on their faces. When Mike saw me, his face morphed into one of relief, "Thank god you're here."

I nodded and walked towards him, "Where's the note?"

He handed me a piece of paper which seemed to be torn hastily. Before taking the note in my hands, I asked him, "You've already gotten it checked for fingerprints right?"

"Yeah. There was nothing on it. Not a single fingerprint."

I once again just nodded and looked down at the paper.

Emma Sparx, it's been a while hasn't it? Tell me how you're feeling right now. Are you shocked? Surprised? Scared? You should be very scared. You didn't think I was permanently gone, did you? I'm not going to stop coming after you until I kill you. It's been two years since I killed him. How's life without Elijah or as you liked to call him, IJ? Must be bad. After all, he was the only person who knew everything about you. Let me tell you this, Emma Sparx, nothing makes me more happier than seeing you and the people you love suffer. Nothing. I will take everything away from you, kill all your friends and then kill you.

                                                   -N.S.R

I took a deep breath to calm myself after reading the note. When he mentioned IJ and my friends, I got so angry I almost ripped the note apart. Then I reminded myself that it was evidence and that I couldn't destroy it.

I handed the note back to Mike and he kept it in its original place in the briefcase before pulling a file out of it. "This is the file of his case from two years ago. After doing some research, we have found multiple faces is multiple countries that might be him, but we aren't sure. Look at this." He called us towards the computer on his table.
He played a few CCTV footages. It was easy to recognise him in each of the footages. In one, he was wearing a huge beard and a fake mole, in another one, he was either wearing a fat suit or wearing too many clothes and so on. In every case, I was easily able to recognise him because of his eyes. Those golden brown eyes that almost always had a cunning look in them gave him away.

"It's definitely him." I confirmed after looking at all the videos he showed.

"We can't be completely sure, Em."