Chapter 10

✱Emma's POV✱

✱Emma's POV✱

My jaw was hung open as I stared at the grey eyed at the monster in front of me.

The monster who was scarfing down the chocolate pancakes which were drowning in chocolate syrup.

"What do you seem so surprised about?" Ryder asked.

"I'm not sure if it's the quantity of chocolate syrup in there or the speed at which you're eating." I replied, my eyes still wide open.

If you think that I'm exaggerating about the quantity of syrup, you're wrong. The chocolate pancakes have become the cereal and the chocolate syrup has become the milk in his bowl.

Yes, he's eating the pancakes in a bowl to make it more convenient and with the quantity of syrup he's poured in there, the bowl is necessary.

"The quantity of syrup I have used is perfect. It's not too much."

"Sure..." I drawled.

"I think I'm gonna get late for even my second class because I still need to go to my house and pick up my bag."

"That won't be necessary, when I realised that you weren't going to wake up any time soon, I called Ben and asked him if he could go to your place and get your stuff and your car to campus. He agreed." I shrugged.

"Oh okay. Fine then."

"You're welcome Ryder." I said mockingly, with a sarcastic smile.

"Whatever."

Once we were done eating, I told Ryder to take a shower and that I'd have set out some clothes on the bed by the time he'd be done.

After doing that, I went to my room and picked out my own clothes for the day, which included a pair of dark blue jeans, a black top and a brown coat, and went to take a shower.

Just in case you forgot, let me remind you today is the day I need to go to Alexander Ryder's office to collect the files he told me about on Saturday.

When I made my way downstairs, I saw that Ryder was already waiting for me by the stairs.

"You're going to college, not a business meeting." He said, looking at me with his eyebrows raised.