Chapter 6

✱Emma's POV✱

✱Emma's POV✱

This is it. Today, I will lose all of my best friends. They are not going to talk to me again. Ever. Especially Noah, who's sitting right beside me.

Before I drown in an ocean of self pity, let me give you a short recap of how my day was and explain what is happening right now.

You see, after I left the campus and got here, on time may I add, I learnt that there was actually no meeting I needed to be in today and that it was all a wicked scheme by my so called friends to get me here. Even Mike laughed at me once he got to know that I had fallen into their trap. I pretended to be mad at these 3 idiots for a while before giving up, because honestly, I missed them, a lot.

Before leaving us to our own, Mike informed me that this weekend, there was a gala which I was required to attend. Apparently, some businessman needs our help. I would tell you more, but Mike didn't care to elaborate. He said that he'd explain about it on the way to the venue on Saturday.

Now the 4 of us, Carter, Noah, Megan and I, are sitting on the floor around the table in the living room of my apartment in the headquarters with 7 cards each in our hand and looking at each other with intense stares. Just in case it isn't clear, we are playing UNO and the 7 cards I have received are 4 +4 cards, 2 yellow +2 cards and 1 blue+2 card.

Are these cards kidding me?

How can this even happen? How can one freaking person get all the +4s in the deck and 3 +2s to fill the gap?

The 3 of them looked up at me and told me to start. I gulped.

If they kill me today, could you please tell my brother that I killed his goldfish because it was barking a lot?

Wait... Goldfishes don't bark.

Also, my brother didn't have a goldfish.

You don't even have a brother, you dumbass!!!

Yeah.... Oops?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness. That is all I could see as I felt a heavy unsettling weight through my entire body.

Am I dying?

No, you idiot, your friends are all sitting on you after the wonderful game of UNO you all just played and darkness is all you can see because your eyes are closed.

Oh... That explains it.
" Guys, please get off me. I'm suffocating here! "

" You should have thought of that before using all of those cards on us. You didn't show mercy on us when you used those god awful cards on us, why should we show mercy on you" Carter sneered.

" Carter please, you guys are my best friends. Megan please convince these 2 to get off me." I pleaded to Megan, who was also sitting on me, may I add, hoping that she would show some mercy on me, because she's the one who usually breaks up things like this.