TWO

SATURDAY 6:00 AM

It was Saturday but she always forgets to set her alarm to weekdays only. She taps the bed and tries to slip her hand underneath her pillow to find her phone but there was no pillow. Her eyes fluttered open as she pulled herself up on her elbow.

She realised she was not in her room so she scanned her immediate environment quickly. It was a very messy room, the mattress was on the floor and the sheets had some hideous pattern in very depressing colours. There were cables hanging all over the wall. There was a white plastic table by door with a couple of books, papers, a laptop and a bottle of water on it.

The wall behind the bed probably held a window since a very worn out curtain hung loosely there. She jumped up to her feet and parted the dusty curtains then peered out the window. The sun was still rising so it was quite dim but the first thing she saw was the water body, Lagos lagoon and skyline. Cool I'm still in Lagos. She thought.

But she didn't know which side of the Lagoon she was looking from so she scanned the buildings properly and she noticed the back of Orion Towers. Now Orion Towers is in Victoria Island and if she's seeing it across the Lagoon then it means she is around Ikoyi.

She smiled, impressed with the speed at which she deciphered her location then slumped back on the bed with relief thanking God she didn't follow some stranger to Ibadan.

As her panic level dropped the nausea and headache hit hard. Speaking of stranger where is the guy?

BUS CONDUCTOR GUY!

Then it suddenly dawned on her that she followed bus conductor guy home.

The memories from last night came flooding in like the floodgates of a dam had just been opened. Her panic level rose to 1000 again drowning out the throbbing headache and nausea that greeted her earlier.

She held her forehead as she tried to chronologically sort out the events from last night because her brain cells were presenting a scrambled timeline to her.

So she got into a talk with the bus conductor guy, they danced, ate asun, danced some more, she did shots with him, she threw up at a point and then.......she followed him here? They did stuff but honestly she couldn't really..... Suddenly she pictured him taking off her clothes. She still had her dress on. Then another flashback of him outside on the street shirtless with her laughing hysterically and clutching onto his arm.

"You're up!" He came out of what looked like the bathroom. She didn't notice there was a second door earlier. He had a burgundy towel tied around his slim waist. She got a better look at him this time. He was good-looking without his glasses and the face cap was off so she could see his full hair that looked like he was due for a hair cut, but she couldn't tell if he was growing it into a fro. Hmmm he is fine no wonder I lost my home training.

"Last night was fun!" he said as he picked up his glasses from the plastic table and wore them, he grabbed a pair jeans which was resting on the floor pulled out his wallet from the pocket and flung the pants towards an overflowing laundry bag beside the plastic table. He missed. The clothing fell flat on the floor.

He opened the wardrobe and slipped into khaki ¾ shorts then hopped on the bed sitting beside her. He then opened his wallet and counted 5 notes of 1k out and extended his hand to her.

"I am not a prostitute!" she slapped the money out of his hand. He looked at her in confusion. Toyin was pissed, mortified and regretting all her life choices at this point that led up to this.

Her! A whole oil and gas executive, with 23 subordinates across 5 countries. Sitting on a frame-less bed, in a dumpster room, being mistaken for a prostitute. A 5k prostitute for that matter not the ones that get paid in cars and houses o! Please is there a place lower than rock bottom?

"No! My God! It's for a cab I know you're not.... a prostitute. You don't talk like one" He scratched his left brow "I mean..... It's not like I know how they talk but..." He seemed a little bit embarrassed. "ehhm I don't have a car. I would have given you a ride to your place" He scratched his head. He should cut that hair she thought. "This is for your cab fare"

"It's okay I'll call an Uber? I pay with card only. Where are we sef?" She asked pretending like she didn't already have an idea as she waited for the app to open.

"South west Ikoyi" He answered as she fixed her hair and stood up adjusting her dress. It was a peach mini caped off-shoulder chiffon dress. The inside was lined with silk so it moved easily a lot.

As she pulled the hem down she froze as she got more unsolicited flashed backs to him slowly pushing that same hem up her thighs last night just before he went down on her. Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets on the realization of how far she went with him. She shot him a glance like she was trying to verify if he was the same person from last night.

He was staring at her intently then he raised his brows questioningly "Are you okay? Do you need something?"

"No! I'm fine". She grabbed her phone and placed the ride quickly. Then she sat on the plastic chair to wear her sandals plus she wanted to put some physical distance between herself and this guy. She didn't trust herself anymore not with what happened last night.

By now she had established that they did it last night. They did everything so there was no need to remain in denial. It happened Toyin get over it. She thought to herself.

She decided to start a conversation. She wanted to act confident and form as if this wasn't a big deal in order to mask her panic and embarrassment.

She cleared her throat "So you went all the way to Lekki just to get drinks?" She also wanted to ask how he could afford to buy all those drinks but live in this wretched place, but she really didn't want to know.

"Yeah, I was in the area and I needed it" He said "Please could you pass my phone, it's behind you"

As he spoke she realized he looked young. Hope he is not younger than i am. Panic levels were rising again.

"How old are you?" 

AN: PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TAINKYU :)

NEW UPDATES EVERY WEEKEND. 

I am dying to know what you think about Toyin and Osaze. Is Toyin being an annoying snob? is Osaze a fuccboi? which team are you on?