THIRTY FIVE

About 7 months later one afternoon, like that they were in Lagos and he said he wanted to show her something.

He brought out a blindfold while they were in the car as they approached Falomo Bridge.

What is he up to this time again? She wondered.

He has been buying her stuff left, right and center. She told him to stop buying her bags; they're expensive and she is not a bag person because she is too lazy to be moving her stuff from one bag to another on a daily basis. She still owns dozens she has not even used; she is always carrying particular black one every day.

She did not complain about the watches though 😀 . He too, knew that was her weakness so he always used that one to bribe her, for arriving late to their rendezvous city or missing a date. He has gotten so busy these days, he couldn't even make it to his own birthday party that she planned because he had a magazine interview in Silicon Valley one time. So they had to do it another weekend.

He bought her a new car because he wanted her to leave the old one for him. He said his own is limited edition. Lol till today, she still can't see what is limited on that car compared to the 'regular' models.

"Hope you are not going to use me for rituals" She joked as she tied the blindfold it around her eyes.

He chuckled "Bush woman, someone cannot even be romantic with you in peace"

When they got to the location, he helped her down the car carefully then guided her as they walked a little for about a minute then he stopped her. She could feel him holding his laugh as he steadied her when she almost tripped.

He then took off the blindfold carefully and asked her to open her eyes.

"Tada!" He said heartily.

She looked around; they were standing in the lawn of THAT house. The creepy mansion. The house he brought her to the first day they met.

"Why are we here" She asked, confusion written all over her face.

"I bought it" He said proudly.

Toyin almost fainted. Why would he buy THIS house?

"Osaze, Please tell me this is a prank"

"No it's not a prank, I bought it for us. This property... this land" He stamped his feet on the ground for emphasis then continued. "This place is very symbolic to our love. This is where it all began," He said poetically.

Holy shit! he is serious.

Her jaw hit the floor in disbelief. This yeye house must have cost hundreds of millions because it is located in Ikoyi. That Seyi must have brainwashed him into buying it.

"Really, are you going to buy the club too?"

"Wait, do you want me to buy the club instead? Is that where you first fell for me?"

Mogbe, She put her hands on her head in complete defeat because her man is crazy! She looked back at the house again scanning the dilapidated structure. God! Seyi is a criminal!

He smiled and hugged her from the back. "Don't worry we will bring the whole thing down, I'm going to hire the best architect in Lagos, you can do whatever you want with it."

"How much did you pay for it? Baby this is crazy!" she wriggled out of his arms.

"Not much, I promise. I got valuation reports from three different property surveyors before I went with it. Or....do you prefer a new one? Banana Island?"