THIRTY

"Wait, you guys were not using protection?" Sofi screamed.

She finally told her friend about the pregnancy scare and how it was still haunting her. She had to share her issues with someone she was still losing sleep over the whole thing. In addition, she still could not get intimate with Gbenga and he was coming back to town in less than two weeks.

"We were using in the beginning but......."

"Come how long have u people been doing it?" Sofi gasps as she realized the answer to the question is definitely that night they met in the club. "Never mind" Sofi laughed.

"Babe It's not funny, it was scary" Toyin frowned.

"But out of curiosity what would you have done?" Sofi asked

"I don't know. He is not even ready for anything like that" She bit her lip.

"I think we should get some form of birth control" Sofi shook her head.

"We? You don't need it" Toyin eyed her friend. "Are you seeing someone?"

Sofi looked guilty as hell.

"Madam, spill now" Toyin said.

(This whole paragraph has been redacted and moved to Sofia the first)

When Gbenga returned to Lagos he said he wanted to purchase a home in Lekki and they went together to look at some houses with an estate agent. It was a kind of mini date for them; they both looked like the perfect Bellanaija couple house hunting. He asked her what she thought about each one he said he would only consider anyone she approves of because he trusted her judgment.

They were viewing the third house and they were in the kitchen alone. She was gushing about the kitchen because it was mad. It was her dream kitchen she couldn't believe someone had constructed it in Lagos. The property developers for the house she is buying said they couldn't fit it into the budget gave her all sort of excuses claimed it would be hard to pull off in naija when she showed them a picture of a similar one she got on the internet.

"So you really like this one huh?" He said as he hugged her from the back and she turned in his arms

"You have no idea! " She said big smile on her face. He too was happy she liked it.

"Glad you like it" he said as he tried to kiss her again because they were finally alone but she ducked.

He smiled and nodded as she looked away and pushed her braids behind her ears. He looked like he wanted to say something but the agent came back and interrupted them. Thank God!.

After house hunting they went for dinner in a nice restaurant. They ate quietly as the small tension that formed between them after the kiss 'dodging' episode decreased.

He broke the silence after the waiter brought their dessert and the bill booklet.

"So what is the problem Toyin?" He said

She looked up at him. She couldn't even eat her food properly, she was playing with it.

"We've been together officially for more than two months now; I understand it's been long distance for the half of it but come on! You can't kiss me, or even look me in the eye" He whispered the last part.

"I'm perfectly cool with abstaining till we get married but you squirm away when I come close to you. Tell me, are you dealing with some issues? I'm here for you"

She shook her head.

"What is it then? you're not attracted to me?"

Honestly, she didn't know that the pregnancy scare messed her up like that. It was deeper than she thought.