FIFTEEN

During the 3rd week, they finally got Wi-Fi on the rig and she was able to use her phone during the second shift but now she was regretting it because Osaze and Sofi were blowing up her phone with chats and video calls. She had to silence the phone during daytime

Sofi's reason for blowing up her phone was even reasonable, she was having a meltdown at work the new boss fired someone and she was freaking out. Worried she could be next but Toyin assured her best friend that she was indispensable and even if she gets fired there are so many indigenous oil & gas companies that would offer her a higher pay and a higher role than what she was earning at Hydra Petroleum. Osaze on the other hand was chatting her up every second to ask her silly questions like how to use to microwave, coffee machine, washing machine or where the switch to the security light on the balcony is. Seriously, microwave? Everyone knows how to use any microwave!

Also how did he survive the first two weeks when he couldn't reach her on her phone in real time. It's like he hasn't gotten any deal on Fiverr this week that's why this he has her time like this she chuckled.

After her final shift in the 4th week she decided to fly straight home instead of spending the night at their hotel because there was one last flight from the Island straight to Lagos by 7pm. The next flight to Lagos would be in two days so she along with 5 of her colleagues decided to skip the hotel and catch this last flight instead.

During the helicopter flight from the Island where the hotel was to the connecting Island with the International Airport, all her colleagues were talking excitedly about Sex, girls. Men tueh she thought.

They were all planning to throw a party this night in Lagos. The host, Emeka had already arranged 'clean babes' for everyone. She heard one of the guys who is married asking to join them jokingly instead of flying straight home to his wife and kids in Abuja and she shot him a warning glare.

"I'll tell your wife" She threatened him.

Emeka the ringleader intervened "See why we don't invite you to our activities you're bad market"

She gagged "Me attend your razz parties? God forbid!"

"Shey I told you guys she's a Virgin!" Emeka screamed and they all cracked up laughing at her.

"Please leave Aunty Toyin alone, she probably has church programme this night sef" Another one added.

She almost felt like bragging about cursed Friday but she received sense in the Last second and just ignored them. Because Emeka will still use that one to diss her one day. She also did not like to share her personal lives with coworkers. She does not befriend on a personal level or date any one she works with as a personal policy not even the service contractors. Plus all of them here are here (Except Emeka) are her Subordinates but they are all much more older than her.

When they checked in at the Airport she requested for a sit on the plane far away from the guys because they were still raving about the upcoming party and 'selecting' girls on their phones.

6:45Pm

While they waited for the flight take off she wondered why she had not heard much from her tenant today or even yesterday. He only checked up on her in the morning so she decided to look for trouble.

TY: This one I've not heard from you in 12 hrs I hope you've not burned down the house.

He replied 5 minutes later.

Sugarcane: Will you die if you just say you're missing me?

TY: Yes