23 Devastating Surprises

Ace's POV_

"So..." Jaxon trails off, reading the letter. "She didn't take it well?"

"Apparently not..." I comb through my hair with my hand and sigh.

"You should have tried showing her. Create a little wind or something." I just roll my eyes at that.

"I wasnt smart about it in the beginning, I didn't think about that. It wasn't until recently that I tried to do that. One issue though.." Jaxon tilts his head at me with a questioning look. "I didn't have any powers to show.."

"No power?" He looks to be thinking as he sighs. "Now that's a whole other issue."

"You're telling me."

A few minutes pass by and that's when Jaxon starts bursting out a ton of laughs. I glare at him and he rolls his eyes.

"You know, I'm really envious of your life." Jaxon laughed in between words.

"Wow, thanks." I said sarcastically, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Maybe you just have to prove to her that you want her." Jaxon suggests, fiddling with a pencil.

"Right, but how could I very well do that with no way to contact her?" I point out, pointing a finger at her.

"You know, people can block whoever they want out of their life. But who says that keeps people from visiting?"

"Restraining orders for starters."

"She couldn't put a RO on her mate."

"Well, she's full of surprises."

Jaxon sighs and sits down next to me. It looks as though he was thinking about something.

"Look Ace, I know you're hurting right now. You just really have to understand what she's going through and communicate with her. Whether it be sending a letter or seeing her in person..." He takes a sip of his drink and sets it back down.

"That's the thing though. I don't know what to say that I haven't said already." I give a shrug and look up at the cloud filled sky.

"Sometimes you don't have to say anything. Just be there...and hold her." The sadness in his tone caught me off guard.

"Jaxon...I've always wondered." He looks over at me with a brow arched. "Why haven't you gone out and searched for your mate?"

He just closes his eyes then opens them slowly.

"Ace, it's up to her for when she shows  up. And when she does show, I'll be the best mate I can be." A little smile appears on his face. "Then I want to start my family right then and there. I want a big family."

I laugh at that with my eyes closed. "No big family for me. If I have any say in it, I don't even want to start right now."

Jaxon bursts out in laughter, a little too much for my liking. "A little too late for that!" He barely got out, clutching his stomach. "Oh my goddess." He tries to calm his laughter.

"What..." I freeze, looking at him confused. Adrenaline pumps through my veins in waves.

He looks back at me confused.  Then it was as if a light bulb lit behind his eyes. "Shit."

"She's pregnant?" My jaw drops and I couldn't very well move.

"Ugh, I wasnt supposed to say."

I stand up with my fists clenched to my sides. Anger and sadness sweeps my brain and tears were at the brink.

"Hey, congratulations though....you're a dad....." Jaxon makes an effort to calm me down, standing up as well. He places a hand on my shoulder.

"How could I have any clue it's mine?" I was already crying by now, and I didn't care if I'd stop.

"Well have you guys.."

I looked back at him, by now I was sobbing.

"No, we haven't."

___

A very short chapter indeed, but the plot thickens.