17 Accept or Reject

Ace's POV_

Turns out, I never found it in me to erase Skylar's memories. 

For the first time in my life, I want to keep something. Keep something all to myself. And I planned on telling my mate exactly that. 

Standing outside of Skylar's door was much more terrifying than it seems. I uneasily tremble in my fingertips and I bite on my bottom lip. Ever since I had lost control, I've been strictly avoiding her. Whenever I was in my office, which was all the time, I'd have to see her on the other side of the door with a look of longing. She wanted answers. And I wasn't prepared to give her that just yet. 

The door opening suddenly, my head jerks up to meet Skylar's. A look of happiness crosses my face and this time, I don't keep it from showing. I could tell that took Sky aback because she had a bewildered facial expression. 

"We need to talk." I come to hear that fall from her lips and now it was my turn to feel confused. "Come in." 

I nervously walk slowly in. But before I could ask what was up, she engulfed me in a hug. My heart pounds and she puts her head in the crook of my neck. She digs her nails into my back and pulls me so much to her that I felt kinda weak. I felt tears fall on my neck and that's when I move her at arms length to look at her. "Sky? Why are you crying?" I bring the pads of my thumbs up to her cheek and I swipe them away. What broke my heart is that they just kept coming. 

Sky falls back onto the bed, sitting on it and desperately wiping away her tears. I could tell she felt uncomfortable. I could feel it in my heart. She was having a mental battle. I stood there for a minute, confused on how I could help. Sure, there was that one chick in my past, but it was never like this. I sit down in front of her on the ground, biting my lip. Getting onto my knees, I pull her to me, pulling her into another hug. This time, the pounding in my heart was of sadness. 

I held her like that, with her crying, for two full hours. Or so I guessed. 

But when she had finally spoke up, her voice was cracked and she was stuttering a lot between sobs. "Please...r-r..." It took her a second to process. "reject me if you w-want. J-Just do it now. I-I c-can't bare this! I-I don't know w-what you were doing i-in that building and..." A little hiccup came from her and it felt like I had lost my voice. "You said it yourself, y-you don't want to be around m-me! Y-You don't even t-trust me enough to tell me i-if you were s-safe! I-I thought you were going to die! J-Just reject me already! I'm not e-enough for you!"

"Don't say that." I say in complete seriousness. I pull her so impossibly closer to me. "I'm not going to reject you." Her tear filled eyes jump up to meet mine. "You reject me if you want. I was the one that didn't go to talk to you. I was the one that hurt you. You deserve the world, my love." I hold her chin and pull it up to me. "I will always accept you. I will. And I'm going to be completely honest. I haven't been all truthful to you, I'm aware it's wrong of me. A-And I'll tell you if you want me to. As long as I never bring tears to your eyes. That is, until the day you're walking down that isle, crying in happiness." 

A smile breaks onto her face and she was biting her lip. "That can wait. I trust that you didn't tell me for a good reason. Tell me when you're ready."

I slowly lean closer to her, moving at her own pace. Looking down at her lips, it was like my wolf was begging me for it. And I was begging my brain to go for it as well. A smile came onto my face when she leaned in as well. After what felt like hours, our lips had met. 

And let me tell you, simple sparks and little chills were a complete understatement. Fireworks erupting from my body are far more accurate, if not a little more. And it felt like severe waves crashing around me. One word to describe it? Heaven. Utter heaven. She tastes so good.