21 Rights and Morals

Ace's POV_

"I don't know. I would've told you at some point!" My head starts pounding with stress and I let out a long drag of a sigh.

"Listen. I get you're going through a lot." Jaxon takes more steps into the room. He tosses the sheets onto the the desk. "But that." He motions to it and shakes his head. "That's not how you deal with it."

"I've tried everything!" By now my emotions were spiraling and I sat down before I could collapse.

"Then tell me, Ace! What all have you tried? Because you obviously haven't tried talking to her." I could feel the aggravation from here and I'll admit. I'm uncomfortable.

"How could I tell her?" I slink down in my seat and sulk. "That's so difficult."

"Are you seriously even considering not telling her because it's hard? Grow up, Ace. I want to know who made the conscious decision to let you be Alpha. Because you know what? I'm really questioning your authority. I'm not going to make anything all pretty. You need to talk to her."

"She won't-" I start off talking and he immediately cuts me off.

"She won't what, Ace?" He leans against the wall and death glares me. "You want to look for some books-goddess knows where. Leaving yourself and your pack weak. Leaving so many lives in danger. Because of what? You being scared to face your own mate? That's selfish. That's so incredibly selfish, and yet you take it so much further by not owning up to the right decision."

Him and I have had many conversations where he does this. But this look in his eyes, the way he clenches his jaw. This is something he'd legitimately fight over. And I'm left here stumped wondering why he's fighting so hard. And I bet he read my mind.

"You wanna know why I'm so pissed off? I know this girl is good for you, I know only positive things can come out for her being around. This is worth it dude, she is not just a slab of meat that you can kick to the side of the street whenever you feel like it. I want to see you in something healthy for once. I want to look at you, notice there's a smile on your face, and know that it's there all for good reason." Jaxon runs his temples again. "So please, don't take this girl for granted. That's all." He just swings his arm in the air in the direction of me then walks out, dismissing me.

"Jaxon, I-"

"No dude, no. You know exactly what to do. I need to stop walking you through all of this. You are an Alpha now. We arent just reckless teenagers anymore. You have responsibilities and I have mine." With that, he closed the door behind him.

I slam my head against my desk and just close my eyes. I don't dare think about anything, I dont dare even try. I'm very grateful to have him around, but he's very to the point. If theres a band aid, he's just going to snap it off of you. Which I guess that's very non toxic of him. It's tough love. And a person like me needs as much of it as they can get.

"Should I even try for love.." I mutter and squeeze my eyes shut.

------------#-
Short chapter but I wanted to get something out there. I have a few more drafted so you'll be seeing more.