02 Mate

Ace POV

"Alpha Ace!" Alpha Moore jogs outside and nears me, outstretching his hand to mine. I offer him a nod in greeting. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm afraid I haven't seen you at any of the other Alpha meetings." He says it like a statement but it's pure as day that he's waiting for an explanation from me. 

"I'm quite sorry, Alpha Moore. I have been way too caught up with pack matters and whatnot to make it there in time." I say to the point, careful to not spill any information that I didn't want anyone to hear about. When in all reality, I didn't feel the need to sit around with other Alphas and talk about my pack affairs. 

Some Alphas prefer to be called by their first name in favor of last name. I go with my first since my dad had our last name. I don't want to use if because he died or anything. It's out of respect. My father was such an amazing Alpha, it's a way of signifying that no other Alpha could take his place nor be as good as him. I want people to know him by just our last name. 

"No, no, Alpha Ace. It's quite okay." I nod to Alpha Moore in thanks. Almost instantly, a girl with long dirty blonde hair and emerald green eyes makes her way out. Her take skin is very vibrant and appealing, with her only wearing blue skinny jeans and a white dress shirt. Once she looks up to me, she immediately gets giddy for some reason but I shrug it off. Just some other girl. 

Jaxon, Taveron, and Josh walk out from the car and make their way behind me. 

"This is my Beta, Jaxon. Taveron and Josh my Delta and Gamma." I motion to them as I say their names, making sure to be polite. 

"Greetings to you all too." Alpha Moore smiles, nodding. "And please, call me James." We all nod and his eyes meet with mine. "Let me introduce you to my daughter. My son will be back from training later so you can meet him." James twists around and tells the girl next to him to go get his daughter. "That is my daughter's friend, Melody." 

I nod and turn back to James. "Pardon me but where will we be staying at?" 

"Sorry, is it okay to you if I introduce you to my daughter first? She'll show you to your rooms afterwards." I sit on what James said carefully, thinking to myself on how his daughter could be. Hopefully she isn't like all the other selfish girls I've met so far. 

"Sure." I nod, keeping my distaste from my words. 

Suddenly I smell a heavenly scent, making my stomach do flips. It smells like the forest and apples. That could only mean one thing...

Mate! My wolf growls, howling in my head. 

I try to keep myself neutral but I still subtly look around for where the scent could be from. Suddenly the front door opens revealing the same girl from earlier and what I see is my mate. 

My beautiful stunning mate. Her long dark brown hair up in a bun with a few loose hairs and dark blue eyes like the ocean. Her medium sized height and tan body. There's not a single blemish on her soft skin. She has on light blue skinny jeans and a black stunning dress shirt. So beautiful. My wolf feels comforted knowing we finally found our one and only. 

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Alpha Ace." I reach my hand out to hers and she hesitantly takes it, shaking my hand. Sparks shoot up my arm and I act like I didn't feel it meanwhile she lets out a quiet gasp. I grin at her and reach my arm out to her friend, Melody. "Greetings." 

"Hello, I'm Skylar." My mate says quietly, biting her bottom lip.  

Such a beautiful name for such a beautiful person...

"Hello." Melody yips happily, a huge smile on her face. "Can I have a picture?" I laugh, nodding my head. She squeals and quickly opens up the camera on her phone. I lean in behind her and make a peace sign while sticking my tongue out. She does the same and captures the camera. "Thank you!" She squeals with a look of accomplishment on her face. "I'm putting that on all my social medias..." She proclaims, tapping at her phone.